UW-Madison c/o 2023 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too

Members don't see this ad.

Alternate OOS 151 :/

Hey thats not a rejection!!! And someone said earlier in the thread they were #184 last year and called off the waitlist in May. Don't give up yet!
:hello:
Das me.

It’s not ideal, I know, but definitely keep an eye on your emails once April draws nearer. You’ll get a better idea of how quickly the waitlist will move around then and in the weeks following the deadline.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Very true. Thanks! I guess it’s time to wait until April!

I know of one person who was called off the waitlist during the first week of classes. It might have been a little inconvenient, but if you stay on the waitlist, there's always a chance.

Same. If I don’t get a letter by next Wednesday, I think I’ll send them an email

I already sent an email because I moved recently and they said they sent it to my old address and my new address just in case but still....nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
I called to make sure they had my address correct (which they did), and since nothing has come yet, they offered to send me a PDF copy of my letter this afternoon

I called to make sure they had my address correct (which they did), and since nothing has come yet, they offered to send me a PDF copy of my letter this afternoon

Interesting, I may call!

Hi there!

I received a wait-list letter yesterday from the school. I'm OOS and currently in the low 30's on the list. Hoping the rest of everyone's letters are on the way soon!

According to what I've read from the past few years, it seems like I'm in a decent position to receive an acceptance offer sometime in April? Hoping that's the case! Madison is my 2nd home - I was born in and currently live in California, but have gone back to visit at least once a year for over the last decade. I'd love to end up as a Badger. :)

Hi there!

I received a wait-list letter yesterday from the school. I'm OOS and currently in the low 30's on the list. Hoping the rest of everyone's letters are on the way soon!

According to what I've read from the past few years, it seems like I'm in a decent position to receive an acceptance offer sometime in April? Hoping that's the case! Madison is my 2nd home - I was born in and currently live in California, but have gone back to visit at least once a year for over the last decade. I'd love to end up as a Badger. :)
You'll get in!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if they will be making a Facebook page?

Last edited:
Not sure. I was going to wait until after the Open House to figure that out.

With that being said, what are people planning on wearing to the open house?

Not sure. I was going to wait until after the Open House to figure that out.

With that being said, what are people planning on wearing to the open house?

I was planning on wearing jeans and a sweater too lol

Hi, where is the information for the open house? Is it only for accepted students? I got waitlisted OS

Hi, where is the information for the open house? Is it only for accepted students? I got waitlisted OS

Hi, it’s not really an open house. It’s more like an accepted students meet and greet. The information was on our acceptance letters! Good luck with everything!

For our class one of the students just made the facebook group once she was accepted and then when people searched for it they could request to join. The facebook group is so awesome for meeting classmates before classes start, finding roommates, etc. Second and third years will also request to join to look for roommates or let you guys know about opportunities coming up.

For our class one of the students just made the facebook group once she was accepted and then when people searched for it they could request to join. The facebook group is so awesome for meeting classmates before classes start, finding roommates, etc. Second and third years will also request to join to look for roommates or let you guys know about opportunities coming up.
And they will talk more about it at the open house.

Hey guys, I was looking at setting up a Facebook group for the class of 2023 so we can start looking for roommates. But I need to add at least one person to create the group. If you’ve been accepted and want a group let me know and we can become friends on Facebook and get a group going for our class!

Does anyone know if Wisconsin pulls people off the waitlist before the April 15th acceptance deadline?

I don't believe so, but don't quote me on that.
I’m pretty sure they do, but I’m not 100% confident. I’ve moved 10 spots on the wait list since I was first notified of my position. This doesn’t mean anyone has accepted their offer, but it does mean that offers may have been made.

I’m pretty sure they do, but I’m not 100% confident. I’ve moved 10 spots on the wait list since I was first notified of my position. This doesn’t mean anyone has accepted their offer, but it does mean that offers may have been made.
Are you IS or OOS?

I think it’s that people ahead of you declined their spot on the waitlist.

I have decided to go to another school. Do you guys know where should I send an email with my decline?

FYI, UW just sent updated alternate rank numbers this morning.

Reactions: 2 users
Officially received an offer from UW-Madison about an hour ago and accepted!!! On Wisconsin!

I was originally #31 and #23 as of last week, so it's moving pretty fast! If you're on the waiting list, hang in there!

Reactions: 7 users
Officially received an offer from UW-Madison about an hour ago and accepted!!! On Wisconsin!

I was originally #31 and #23 as of last week, so it's moving pretty fast! If you're on the waiting list, hang in there!
Congratulations! Welcome to Badger family :)

Yay! Great to meet you classmate! And congrats!!

Welcome to the family!

Have any more of you guys been called off of the waitlist?

Was called off the waitlist (originally #51) yesterday. They said they would email me with more info but haven't received anything yet. Has anyone else heard back?

Was called off the waitlist (originally #51) yesterday. They said they would email me with more info but haven't received anything yet. Has anyone else heard back?
Try sending them a follow-up email, or give them a call. The phone call would probably be faster

Just got the call and am accepting an OOS spot. #109 on the original waitlist.

Reactions: 6 users