Pablo94

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Hello,

I am a resident of Wisconsin and completed a hard undergrad major with a 3.4 gpa. I just got my MCAT score back which was a 511. Considering that I am Hispanic, do you think I have a shot at getting into UW-Madison School of Public Health?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
This is a forum of pre-meds, so we can't help you here for an MPH.

Orthosurg1

2+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hello,

I am a resident of Wisconsin and completed a hard undergrad major with a 3.4 gpa. I just got my MCAT score back which was a 511. Considering that I am Hispanic, do you think I have a shot at getting into UW-Madison School of Public Health?
Do you mean their medical school, which is UW Madison School of Medicine and Public Health? If so, your GPA is below their average, and your MCAT is slightly below their average, but being a Wisconsin resident and possible URM will help. It will come down to your extra-currricular activities and ability to write.

Otherwise, @Goro is correct, we will not know about your chances for an MPH.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
What community do you represent? And please don't say Kenosha.

Hello,

OP
P

Pablo94

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I meant Med School not MPH, sorry about the confusion.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Not all Hispanics are URM, and evidence of service to your community is a major deal.
lol. idk if i represent a community, but my parents are hispanic.

OP
P

Pablo94

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I thought you were assuming I grew up in a predominantly hispanic community, and somehow "represented" them.