UW-Madison vs. Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UW-Madison vs. BU

• Total voters

aztlannation

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have narrowed down my list to these two schools and would like some input from the SDN community. I created a spreedsheet to help me compare these two schools but they are each great in their own way and I can't seem to decide. I will be going to both of their second looks to see how I fit in with each class. This may be the deciding factor.

Both are excellent schools and are in wonderful cities/college towns. UW-Madison will be cheaper for me. I'd be paying in-state tuition (even though I'm OOS) and receive a 10k scholarship every year. I haven't received my financial aid from boston yet but its tuition and living expenses are already high to begin with.

I really like that with BU I can apply to spend 6-12 months of my third year in Santa Clara, CA with their Kaiser hospital especially since I'm from Northern California and will be close to home.

In terms of their reputation I think they are on a similar playing field, UW-Madison may have a slightly better reputation but it's likely not much.

What is your opinion?

Members don't see this ad.