UW Madison vs. Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrET

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know May 15th is still far away but I'm just wondering what people think of theses two schools? If given the opportunity, which would you choose and why? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

DrET said:
I know May 15th is still far away but I'm just wondering what people think of theses two schools? If given the opportunity, which would you choose and why? Thanks.

i'm from madison...don't know much about Georgetown...but madison is a GREAT school. they just built a new medschool building, which is really really nice. nice classrooms, lots of study areas, sweet library and computer lab. the faculty is awesome. its attached to the hospital. if i get accepted to madison, it'd be hard to turn it down for anywhere else. good school. sorry i can't compare it to georgetown, but i am impressed with madison.

From what I have read, Georgetown really impresses me. Good location, okay name recongition, and good research program. But its also expensive to live in DC and tuition is a bit high.

I heard Madison is more like a college town atmosphere, which I know I will enjoy. I didn't apply there, but after hearing so many other people praise it, I wish I was a WI resident and have even a remote chance of going there.

Sorry, not much of a comparison, but definitely both good schools. Depends if you want the metropolitan city life, or the college town feel. From what I hear, everyone in DC is young, except for the politicians.

Madison, in a heartbeat. DC is a great town- very expensive. Georgetown is very expensive. Everyone I know who works in Madison *loves* it, of course, not a random sample representative of much.