UW PhD in Epidemiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zjwah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if those who have been admitted to UW's PhD in Epi program would mind posting their stats? I've been admitted to the Masters program there and am interested in applying for the PhD program there as well in 2 years, so I'm just wondering about my chances. I might be attending Emory for my MPH, though. So, basically I'm trying to decide whether or not I should attend UW for my MPH so I can get a foot in the door or if doing well at Emory plus my current background will be good enough to gain acceptance into UW's program. Where I do my MPH isn't that important to me (either UW or Emory would be great), but I'd really like to do my PhD at UW. Just trying to make sure I wouldn't be ruining my chances of getting in to UW's PhD program if I went to Emory from my MPH.

Did that make any sense?! :eek:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

One thing to keep in mind is that you will need to repeat a significant amount of coursework if you do your master's elsewhere and apply to the UW Epi Phd program.

Also, though UW policy is that their MPH/MS graduates apply to PhD per the same process as students coming from elsewhere, students say that internal applicants have better chances than external. (perhaps by nature of knowing what they're looking for...)