UWashington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tg78

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who interviewed at UW on or after 12/17 heard any thing? I am eagerly waiting...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I interviewed there that week, and they told us the committee is meeting January 4 (tomorrow!!!) to make decisions about people interviewing on/after 12/17. So hopefully in a few days, we'll all know!

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the info. The best answer I had gotten out of them was "early january". Well nothing to do but wait for now (and keep the old fingers crossed). Good luck to you too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, just received (today) the "you are competitive" e-mail....so for those of you who interviewed on 12/17 or after, check your inboxes!

I was fully anticipating the "you are competitive" email but was surprised to see yesterday that my status (according to the online check) had changed on 1/4/02. I called UW immediately and was told I was accepted! Yippee!

Good luck to everyone else...

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :D That rocks!!!
Think you will go there?

Yup. Pretty sure I'll be at UW next year. I'm not going to rush into withdrowing my other apps yet but I don't know that I'd even go to Harvard (still waiting to hear from them post interview) over UW. Hopefully I'll see you there shimmer!

Hey tg78,

Congrats on your acceptance to UW. I'm an Aug mcater and I still haven't gotten an interview invite. Did you take the April test? Mind asking what your GPA/MCAT is? Any Ethics/Health Care questions asked during interview?

Thanks

Congrats tg78! Looks like we will most likely be classmates come this fall. All of our fretting and sweating at ARC paid off. ;)

Indeed Ccryder!

After everything we just may be classmates...

tg78: not go to harvard if accepted??? what are you smokin'?? ;)
I think I'd be torn if I had that choice to make...I love Boston (I currently live there, well, I actually live in Cambridge), and although I love Seattle, too, it'll be a hard move for me if I get into UW. Good luck in deciding what's right for you.

Shimmer,

My story is the opposite of yours I think. I am from Boston and have only been living in Seattle for 1.5 years but I love it out her. Don't get me wrong, I love Boston too but I am not eager to go back --too much family there also ;-)

If I got into Harvard, well it would be a tough decision but I think I would still end up at UW.

Ha, we do have opposite situations! :)
Too much family....ah yes....I hear you LOUD and clear!! ;)

Does anybody know when the committee meets next?

Sorry Otter, I have no clue. For the past couple of months they had been meeting every 3-4 weeks on Fridays...?? I think? But maybe they meet more frequently now (you'd think they'd have to, seeing as they put so many people in the competitive pool that they'd need to meet more just to keep up w/ the applications!). But who am I to assume to know what admissions committees do? ;)

Hi Shimmer: you're on the competitive list, right? So our files are reviewed every time the Committee meets. I sure hope they're saying nice things about us! Good luck to you. Btw, I'm also a Boston-Seattle person (went to school in Somerville)

I just interviewed the 24th, im optomistic about the interview, although it wasn't perfect, i'll be hounding my mialbox for the next month or so to see if i was accepted. I'm praying i got in, it was the only interivew i got so far (i'm a washington state restident who completed appp. LATE!!!). Been out all night partying with friends, so shouldn't be postin anyhow. GOOD LUCK TO ALL, AND ALL A GOOD NIGHT! :cool:

Hey otter,

Yup, comp. list here. Here's hoping they like us! :)

That's funny....it seems like there are a lot of Boston-Seattle types out there. Maybe not so many Seattle-Boston types (like me :D ) but several Boston-Seattle people. Others may disagree, but I think the two cities are kind of similar in terms of waterfront location, weather, and size. Of course, Boston has a much better public transportation system than Seattle, and the funny accents. ;)

Shimmer, you are right about the similarities between Boston and Seattle. Except I don't think the weather's too similar. They both have skyscrapers right next to the water, and the backstreets of North Capital Hill and Montlake remind me of Cambridge. They both have good music scenes, and people are liberal.

Btw, I'm actually not from Boston. I'm a Tokyo-LA-Boston-Seattle person.