Hello everyone,
I am about to take step 3 next week. I've been studying for a month. FInished uworld with an average around mid 60s. Did the ccs also. Took the test two doays ago and got 450/204. I felt pretty comfortable with my ability until this test. How does the assessment predict the real thing? Should I postpone the test? I am planning on taking nbme 3 this weekend to gauge my understanding a little bit more.
step 1: 216
step 2ck: 229

Dec 31, 2015
His mid 60s on uworld means he likely scored 210 to 230 for the real.....what was your exam experience like? Passing is now 196 in 2016.....

May 6, 2016
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hello everyone,
I am about to take step 3 next week. I've been studying for a month. FInished uworld with an average around mid 60s. Did the ccs also. Took the test two doays ago and got 450/204. I felt pretty comfortable with my ability until this test. How does the assessment predict the real thing? Should I postpone the test? I am planning on taking nbme 3 this weekend to gauge my understanding a little bit more.
step 1: 216
step 2ck: 229
I am not sure how well are both UWSA and NBME in the Step 3, I did both and scored NBME Form 4 and UWSA 430/800 (3-digits correlation is 200 I think). I finished UWorld first round around 60s% and second round > 85%. I read MTB 3 some stuff from OBGYN, Peds and Psychiatry. Took the exam mid-February. My back-ground is Step 1: 230 and Step 2 CK: 236. I will let you know when I get my score back.

May 6, 2016
Status
Resident [Any Field]
His mid 60s on uworld means he likely scored 210 to 230 for the real.....what was your exam experience like? Passing is now 196 in 2016.....
I have friends that never did any predictive test and passed the Step 3. I feel the exam was totally different to the NMBE and UW Assessment.

LimboSurfer

10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
Status
Something to keep in mind about the U-World assessment. Making 2-3 more errors on each block than average will pull you down to about 1 SD below for 10-12 more-than average-mistakes. It's only 25% the size at best of the real thing and doesn't have much ethics or statistics on it; I find it to therefore be of only very limited predictive value. You have to fall down to the -1.5 SD category before you're in danger of missing the pass line.

The NBME form is probably a bit more representative, but it has its limitations, too. And NEITHER form takes the CCS into account.

Use the forms to find out your relative areas of weakness-- NOT predict your actual score. Unless you're just not even close, I wouldn't be super concerned about those results, and focus instead on making sure you don't make any mistake you made on the form on the real thing.