Uworld/First aid equivalents in radiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello colleagues:
I am starting radiology residency and was wondering if you can provide suggestions for the highest yield study materials. What do you use for a great book, a great question bank, a great review course?
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

good question, I always asked this to myself. My educated guess would be prometheus lionhart, top 3 differentials, the purple book (though this one I dont like), and radiology assistant as the possible FAs.

The UW? I don't know man, UW is amazing I doubt many areas have an application with such quality.

if you want something for free try radiopedia's cases

for all the books read what the ben white's website has to say on this matter :)

Depends on if you're asking about passing the Core or if you're asking about training for future practice. For the Core, Crack the Core has established itself as the best review book IMHO. Same guy also has lectures, a dedicated physics book and a case series book which are all very high yield and definitely helped me pass the Core. There are several qbanks of varying utility, the best being Qevlar, Board Vitals and/or Rock the Boards. Core Radiology is another good general review book that I used during R1-2.

just my 2c.

Hello colleagues:
I am starting radiology residency and was wondering if you can provide suggestions for the highest yield study materials. What do you use for a great book, a great question bank, a great review course?
Thanks so much!

1. I'd recommend the first overarching textbook to be Core Radiology. I reviewed it here. My other R1 recommendations are here.

2. I reviewed radiology question banks here. None of them are as good as UWorld was during medical school. If your program pays for RadPrimer, that is sufficient (certainly for the first couple years)

3. You'll never need to pay for a review course unless for some reason you want to. The UCSF lecture videos are well liked, and many programs have a copy of the DVDs/videos, either officially or unofficially.