Uworld: QBank vs. QBank + self assessment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Franklo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find any reviews on this. Looking to buy uworld but I noticed they have two different types of products either
1) Qbank only
or
2) Qbank + self assessment

Don't know much about the self assessment from Qbank. Can anyone comment on it? Has it been useful for anyone?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its hard enough to get through the Qbank on its own-there are a ton of questions! Maybe you can buy the assessment after you finish all of the regular qbank

Are you really planning on taking the July 29th CBSE after your first year of dental school? Don't you feel as if you would benefit from more of a basic science background? I understand it leaves time for multiple attempts, but my school will cover a lot more basic sciences at the start of D2 that I wouldn't want to miss out on in terms of foundation before I started studying for the test.

I am taking the NBDE a month before so I'm planning on just accumulating my study time. By no means do I plan on getting a score that would give me any chances of getting in. My thought process is two fold. First if I take the test early I'll get a really good feel for how the exam is what I need to focus on and how to study. Second I personally feel like getting my ass handed to me is going to really motivate me to study harder. Honestly to each their own that's just my 2 cents.

Also as a side note I honestly don't think most dental schools have any way of setting you up for studying for the CBSE unless you attend one of the integrated programs so realistically a D1 that spends the first year hauling ass could probably succeed just as well as a D3

As crazy as I thought you were, this is actually really sound reasoning. I can't argue with any of this. Good luck man, let me know how it goes!

Will do!

P.S. - not crazy just slightly insane :p

Reactions: 1 user