UWorld Score progression (logarithmic??[Iwish])

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmillski

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone- I'm 40% of the way through UWorld right now and just trying to get an idea of where I am. For those that did Uworld, how much did you notice your scores going each week/couple of weeks??

I'm currently taking one 46 q set in the morning, then spending the rest of the day going over those (reading about 5 pages of FA and BRS with each question- covering similar diseases, diff diagnoses etc related to that question).

I've got 60% of the questions left and I'm currently scoring about 70-75%. My test is in 3 weeks and I hope to finish up my questions in two weeks then spend the last week rereading FA. So I'm just wondering if people saw their scores steadily increase or plateau or what. Thanks abunch!

Members don't see this ad.

I gotta add that I just find it hard to believe clinical review's score estimator

I gotta add that I just find it hard to believe clinical review's score estimator

Yes, according to that my score was going to be a 270 +/- 11, which I highly doubt I would get anywhere in that range.

I started with 64% to 67% rite now (60% done, random , timed)... So for me, it was quite a straight line. Didnt increase much :( ... In last 7 tests, I have consistently got 70% and in one got 76%. But somehow that damn cumulative just doesnt go up :D

It really depends on whether you're using UW while doing your 1st or 2nd pass of your study materials or you're pretty solid with your knowledge of FA, Kaplan, Goljan, ...

I started UW after a month and a half of solid studying and took ~40 days to do the entire question bank on the timed, unused (all sections) mode with 46 questions per block. It took a few days (~500 questions or so) for my cumulative average to level out at 82% and when I finished, the cumulative average was at 85% (1772/2081).

I assume that if you start using UW when you first start studying and then keep using it as you study, you'll see a nice slow/steady rise in the cumulative percentage. However, if you are doing your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ... passes of the questions on UW, the cumulative percentage does not mean much.

Note: I don't think that the cumulative percentage means much in the first place! I think all those little score estimators are a little quirky and wish people didn't stress out over what their question bank percentages correlated to on the real test. I think the question banks are a great study tool in that you have 2000+ questions with answers readily available AND you can see why answer choices other than the right answer are wrong.