UWORLD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiphop1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used UWORLD for MCAT study? I'm looking for the best way to study for the MCAT. I plan on taking it next May; I know it's a ways away, but I just wanna get ahead on the materials I'll need to study. Any tips on which books I should get for each subject? So far I have the Kaplan Mcat study set. I know it's not the number one choice, but it's all I have for now.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, please use the U-world q bank. their explanations are the best among all the test prep q banks and problems I have seen so far. The pictures are 3-D. They explain everything to you to the point that you do not have to look up on google for further explanations in case you might not understand something they explain. The pictures are beyond beautiful and their q bank has been motivating me to do more problems every day.

Reactions: 1 user
Uworld has been a pleasant surprise. I hadn't planned on using it, but I tried it and really like it. They have great pictures, like silverlining said. I think TBR is better in terms of helpful explanations (they give great strategies and tricks and have a way of making you look at things the right way), but if you are taking it in May then you have time for both.

Members don't see this ad :)
@silverlinings0618 @PlsLetMeIn21 @Matthew9Thirtyfive

Thanks for the helpful posts on UWorld.

How are UWorld's P/S content materials?

How are UWorld's basic science materials compared to Berkeley Review's?

How are UWorld's CARS materials compared to real MCAT passages?

I thought P/S was good and helpful. Haven’t done Berkeley, so can’t comment on that. But I have done Kaplan and NS (only FLs), and uworld is head and shoulders above both.

As far as actual passages, I didn’t find them to be all that representative of the real deal. Some were, many weren’t. But the beauty of uworld is in the explanations for the questions, which were extremely helpful.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:
@silverlinings0618 @PlsLetMeIn21 @Matthew9Thirtyfive

Thanks for the helpful posts on UWorld.

How are UWorld's P/S content materials?

How are UWorld's basic science materials compared to Berkeley Review's?

How are UWorld's CARS materials compared to real MCAT passages?

UWorld's P/S was pretty good. Everything helps the way I figure.

I like TBR's basic science material way better than UWorld, They both have great explanations, but TBR teaches you how to look at things better and they have useful strategies and mnemonics for answering questions. I have been using my TBR tricks on my practice tests and have been finishing 30 minutes early and getting around 129 to 130 on B/B and C/P.

I haven't take the real MCAT, but I have done CARS passages from EK, TPR, AAMC, and Altius. They all seem about the same.