Uwsa 232 how accurate is this plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sucralfate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finished 1 read of Kaplan along with their qbank. Hence I decided to know where I stand & took kaplan simulation exam & scored 65% I thought it was mediocre , but their score relator projected a 3 digit score of 236. Didn't beleive it. I have not done uworld yet & not familiar with their questioning style. Hence I thought uwsa 1 could give an accurate prediction. Finished it today with 64% right (1stblock: 62%, 2nd: 57%, 3rd: 59%, 4th: 85%) expected the 3 digit score to be somewhere in between 210-220 but it showed up 232. Plz tell me how accurate is this? Planning to take real deal on nov10th, if I study hard from now could i reach a 250? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

No one can tell you how accurate UWSA1/2 are, but a couple of my classmates who took them told me they were pretty accurate... I kind of wonder how they calculate these scores. My friend got 62% in UWSA1 last week and his score was 213.... and 64% in your case is 232... That is a huge gap for two scores that frankly are not that different!

that's why its hard to beleive that 232 , will there be a better score with improvement per each block??

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure... Maybe they use some weird algorithm to score these exams or some questions worth more than others when it comes to converting the percentage score into the 3-digit score.

Last edited:
You are in the 230s now, so it's more than possible to score 250+...
Before taking uwsa1 someone told me that it overpredicts, I didn't begin my uworld hence I thought it may give an accurate prediction & just took it today, now I just can't beleive 64% coincinding 232. What shall I do now?? Give an nbme tomorrow or continue my prep & do it after 2 weeks?

Finished 1 read of Kaplan along with their qbank. Hence I decided to know where I stand & took kaplan simulation exam & scored 65% I thought it was mediocre , but their score relator projected a 3 digit score of 236. Didn't beleive it. I have not done uworld yet & not familiar with their questioning style. Hence I thought uwsa 1 could give an accurate prediction. Finished it today with 64% right (1stblock: 62%, 2nd: 57%, 3rd: 59%, 4th: 85%) expected the 3 digit score to be somewhere in between 210-220 but it showed up 232. Plz tell me how accurate is this? Planning to take real deal on nov10th, if I study hard from now could i reach a 250? Thanks in advance.

I got a 232 as well when I took the UWAS as pretest to assess weaknesses before starting UWorld. You can look back in this thread for my results but ended up with a 260 +/- 2. So yes you have plenty of time to raise your score to 250+ and I advise you to seriously take a chill pill because stressing out is the death knell of a good score.

Before taking uwsa1 someone told me that it overpredicts, I didn't begin my uworld hence I thought it may give an accurate prediction & just took it today, now I just can't beleive 64% coincinding 232. What shall I do now?? Give an nbme tomorrow or continue my prep & do it after 2 weeks?
Continue with your prep and then take an NBME in 3 weeks...

Continue studying and you'll end up with 250+. My first UWSA was 228. My real deal 5 weeks later was in the 250s.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Nothing out of the ordinary. UW (1.7x), Pathoma (3x), FA (occasionally), Rx (0.7x), all NBMEs.

Congrats on the awesome score! Would you please which all NBMEs did you do and when? By all NBMEs, do you mean all the 6 online ones or also the older offline ones? And when did you do the offline ones, like months before the exam or just during the last few weeks?
Thanks!

Congrats on the awesome score! Would you please which all NBMEs did you do and when? By all NBMEs, do you mean all the 6 online ones or also the older offline ones? And when did you do the offline ones, like months before the exam or just during the last few weeks?
Thanks!
I did all of the online ones and some of the retired offline ones too

NBME 15 (baseline; 6 weeks before dedicated): 217
UWSA-1 (first day of dedicated): 228
NBME 11 (one week into dedicated): 236
UWSA-2 (two weeks into dedicated): 244
NBME 16 (3 weeks into dedicated): 233
NBME 12 (3.5 weeks into dedicated): 243
NBME 18 (4 weeks into dedicated): 241
NBME 13 (4.5 weeks into dedicated): 237
NBME 7 (took it 4.5 weeks into dedicated): 238
NBME 17 (5 weeks into dedicated and 3 days before test): 248
Free 117: (5 weeks into dedicated and 2 days before test): 83.7%

Reactions: 3 users
They seem to have adjusted their curve.

I had ~69% correct on UWSA1 before I began my dedicated prep and it had given me a predicted score of 230 - and even that was an over-prediction by 20 points, I was told.

I did all of the online ones and some of the retired offline ones too

NBME 15 (baseline; 6 weeks before dedicated): 217
UWSA-1 (first day of dedicated): 228
NBME 11 (one week into dedicated): 236
UWSA-2 (two weeks into dedicated): 244
NBME 16 (3 weeks into dedicated): 233
NBME 12 (3.5 weeks into dedicated): 243
NBME 18 (4 weeks into dedicated): 241
NBME 13 (4.5 weeks into dedicated): 237
NBME 7 (took it 4.5 weeks into dedicated): 238
NBME 17 (5 weeks into dedicated and 3 days before test): 248
Free 117: (5 weeks into dedicated and 2 days before test): 83.7%

Thank you for your detailed response. This is helpful! Good luck for step 2!

Have anyone of you used kaplan simulated 7hr tests, do the score relator which is used for their qbank applicable for these exams too??

They seem to have adjusted their curve.

I had ~69% correct on UWSA1 before I began my dedicated prep and it had given me a predicted score of 230 - and even that was an over-prediction by 20 points, I was told.
69% (230) in UWSA is about right or even an under-prediction by 5+ points IMO....

Another thing is that the curve in the actual exam might be more lenient than the online NBMEs...