UWSOM competitive people...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shimmer118

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

Anyone placed on UWashington's "competitive pool" heard anything yet? Their original e-mail said by the first week in April we'd know our final fate....if we haven't heard by now, should we assume the worst?

And for those who have heard final answers, be it A,W, or R, do they e-mail it like they have anything else, or is ssssnnnnnnaaaaiiiilllll mmmaaaaiilllll? :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi shimmer,
Unless you get accepted earlier at one of the earlier committee meetings, everyone who is on the competitive list will hear all at once in late March or early April via snail mail. Last year, I found out I was rejected in late March. This year, I've been told we'll hear sometime in early April (I'm on the competitive list this year again, but I haven't received the letter). So anyways, don't expect the worst just because you haven't heard yet. Most of us will hear all at the same time. The scary thing, though, is that UW will reject most of us interviewees, unlike most other schools that either accept or waitlist most of their interviewees. Anyways, good luck to ya!

I called UWSOM admissions last friday - the secretary told me that the final committee meeting was going on as we spoke. She also said that she hoped all the final letters would go out by the end of this week. Yipes.