UWSOM post interview rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

infinite.inkwel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has any one been rejected post interview at u of washington? if so, how many days after the excom meeting did you find out? thanks

asking because i was placed in the "still under consideration" category, and there was a excom meeting this past friday... time to brace myself for a rejection letter in the mail?

Members don't see this ad.

Excom meeting was friday. People placed in competitive pool are sent an email, snail mail is for acceptance/rejection. If you got the email, sit and wait for four more months. Otherwise, you can call them and ask them the status.

Some people are rejected post interview, fewer are accepted, and almost all are still under consideration. 40% of people placed in competitive list are accepted.

You also get your acceptance through email (much faster than when you get the snail mail version). That's how I got mine! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
yep, received my acceptance email yesterday. although i think rejection is snail mail only so if you haven't heard anything it might not be a good sign

Excom meeting was friday. People placed in competitive pool are sent an email, snail mail is for acceptance/rejection. If you got the email, sit and wait for four more months. Otherwise, you can call them and ask them the status.

Some people are rejected post interview, fewer are accepted, and almost all are still under consideration. 40% of people placed in competitive list are accepted.

what do you mean by "competitive pool"? i received an email notice of "still under consideration", but that was after the first excom meeting in october. haven't heard anything from the past friday meeting, just wondering if i am still under consideration or rejected.

what do you mean by "competitive pool"? i received an email notice of "still under consideration", but that was after the first excom meeting in october. haven't heard anything from the past friday meeting, just wondering if i am still under consideration or rejected.

The "competetive pool" and "still under consideration" are the same thing. And, from what I have heard, once you get your first letter, you won't hear back again until a decision is made.... so don't be worried if you don't get an email after every excom meeting (at least that is how I understand it).

Does anyone know when the next wave of interviews is?

Does anyone know when the next excom meeting is? I think I heard Dec. 8 somewhere but I'm not sure.

Yes, December 8th is what I was told by the admissions office.

Keep in mind that it is "unlikely" that you will be further evaluated at each committee meeting and that if you've already interviewed and heard back, you'll most likely hear from them again in late March.

Does anyone know how the interview is rated with respect to the rest of the application? I believe I heard GPA 25%, MCAT 25%, interview (including LOR, activities) 50%. Is that correct?

I interviewed recently and really feel like I bombed it. I'm hoping I don't get a flat-out rejection after the Dec. XCOM meeting, but I am prepared for, and to be honest, expecting, the worst.

Does anyone know how the interview is rated with respect to the rest of the application? I believe I heard GPA 25%, MCAT 25%, interview (including LOR, activities) 50%. Is that correct?

I interviewed recently and really feel like I bombed it. I'm hoping I don't get a flat-out rejection after the Dec. XCOM meeting, but I am prepared for, and to be honest, expecting, the worst.

I dont think it's as clear cut as that.

just curious, why do you think you bombed it? I think they try to make the interview semi-stressful, so even if it was tough, you might have done alright.

:luck:

just curious, how did you think you bombed it? I think they try to make the interview semi-stressful, so even if it was tough, you might have do alright.

:luck:

I was given a series of ethics questions that threw me off guard, and I could tell by the looks on their faces that I was going down the wrong road. This only increased my anxiety and I got flustered, and I know that that is the response that they are trying to elicit out of interviewees (so that they can reject them!). I don't think that I made much sense after that.

Anyway, I really feel like I dropped the ball on my first choice school and I'm real bumbed. Maybe I will get lucky and be put into the competative pool and giving another shot in March when they meet for the final time. Lucklily I have a few other interviews scheduled already, so hopefully I can redeem myself at another school.

BTW, a good friend of mine is a first year at Moscow and loves it. She was an Idaho resident.