U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My_life_is_a_joke

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
These are questions to worry about after you’ve received multiple acceptances.

But to answer the question, UWSOM is prestigious. Not on the same level as UCSF or Umich (both public schools), but it’s definitely prestigious. I doubt it would help more than UF or Emory though. Probably equal.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Forgive me if come off as ignorant, but I just recently learned that UWSOM is very prestigious? As someone who has attend a WA school his entire life (k-12, undergrad & graduate school) UWSOM has always been my dream school. I had seen the US news primary care and research before but I never thought that UW was considered a prestigious school. Is UWSOM a prestigious school? If so is it more so regionally acclaimed, or nationally?

I want to eventually match into a competitive residency in the south, would going to UWSOM look better then school that are already in the south like Emory or UF?

I obviously know that UWSOM, Emory, and UF are all world class institutions; I’m just wondering what institution will help me reach my goals.
UW is a very prestigious institution in medicine. Other than its med school, a lot of its residency programs are quite good. That being said, you shouldn't worry about where to go for med school until you get in. The odds that you will have a choice among the three schools are almost non-existent.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.