Psychstuca

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2008
Status
Psychology Student
Hello to all on this forum. Thought to write here, since I desperately need and greatly appreciate some advice from people re my next year practicum.. I will have to make a choice of the practicum site this coming Monday (it's like a match day in our area, only for practica). I think my highest chances are to get offers from the VA, Kaiser, and the inpatient hospital.
Neither of these have been my top choices, and perhaps this is a reason why I feel a bit puzzled...

I feel that making a wrong choice might ruin my chances to get the into the APA Internship, since it will be my last practicum before applying for internships this coming fall.
I would very much appreciate some advice here.

WHat do you think would be the wise choice in this situation? I know many people have gone through this process here...
Thank you in advance for any feedback!

Last edited:

docma

10+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2007
Status
Since you already have VA experience Kaiser would not seem to be a disadvantage and it would be hospital/health care experience which is also good. Convenience and fit are important, especially if you have the stress next year of internship applications.

Psychstuca

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2008
Status
Psychology Student
Docma, thank you so much for your advice, it's soothing for my rugged nerves :confused:

Good luck to you in your career!

Last edited: