VA Greater Los ANgeles residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxforlife2004

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone here is currently a resident at VA Greater los angeles...or had interview at this place. If you are or previously had interview with them, i'd like to pm to ask you a couple questions regarding the program...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I actually went to an interview at the VA Greater Los Angeles last week as a post-match residency interview. To me, it seemed like a pretty nice place to complete a residency. Nice environment, good system (they use CPRS and Vista) and seemed like everyone was pretty friendly. I talked to the resident there taking me on the tour and she seemed pretty satisfied with everything going on there.
However, the only problem with is that their post-match process seems pretty competitive, where A LOT of pharmacy students from the local area seem to all flock for interviews there. Of course, they still have 4 open slots for residents. The downside is that I'm not a local resident of the area and probably won't get a position because I'm not from around there. Hey, at least I tried!
Anyways, the interview process seemed straightforward enough but they also asked some clinical questions like on interactions, monitoring, etc. I don't really know what they were looking for as a pharmacy resident though. BTW, are you going for an interview at the GLA VA Medical Center? If you are , good luck to you!