1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

VA Greater Los ANgeles residency

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Residencies and Fellowships' started by rxforlife2004, Apr 13, 2007.

1. rxforlife2004

rxforlife2004 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I am just wondering if anyone here is currently a resident at VA Greater los angeles...or had interview at this place. If you are or previously had interview with them, i'd like to pm to ask you a couple questions regarding the program...

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Keppra

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I actually went to an interview at the VA Greater Los Angeles last week as a post-match residency interview. To me, it seemed like a pretty nice place to complete a residency. Nice environment, good system (they use CPRS and Vista) and seemed like everyone was pretty friendly. I talked to the resident there taking me on the tour and she seemed pretty satisfied with everything going on there.
    However, the only problem with is that their post-match process seems pretty competitive, where A LOT of pharmacy students from the local area seem to all flock for interviews there. Of course, they still have 4 open slots for residents. The downside is that I'm not a local resident of the area and probably won't get a position because I'm not from around there. Hey, at least I tried!
    Anyways, the interview process seemed straightforward enough but they also asked some clinical questions like on interactions, monitoring, etc. I don't really know what they were looking for as a pharmacy resident though. BTW, are you going for an interview at the GLA VA Medical Center? If you are , good luck to you!