VA Provider Equity Act just a shell game?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monoloki

Reaction score
The word is that we should not assume any pay raise, and that it was intended for “retention and recruitment”. ‘‘Is this just a paper shuffle? Remains to be seen, but not looking good for The Podiatrists at the VA.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Where are you getting the word from? The only question right now is what pay table we fall into within the VA. The next question will be how will a VA hire a new DPM commanding physcian grade salary.

Joined today, unfounded FUD post, jumbled syntax, grammatical errors... classic presentation of a troll post

1) this would have been better in the already established thread on this topic, and I recommend this be transferred into the other thread.

2) There have been ZERO HR pay adjustments to date. The process hasnt even started except noted that we will be pay table 1 and implementation is supposed to be complete by Nov 25.

3) Even if podiatrists had been placed in pay table 4, the minimum wouldve remained the same as the minimum in table 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you getting the word from? The only question right now is what pay table we fall into within the VA. The next question will be how will a VA hire a new DPM commanding physcian grade salary.

Joined today, unfounded FUD post, jumbled syntax, grammatical errors... classic presentation of a troll post

I hope you are right! However, I have asked questions and the answers were not positive concerning a positive outcome. I will not give my source so that I can protect my anonymity, but it was from about as far up the chain as you could get. Not a troll, just a concerned Podiatrist affected by this. I asked questions of those who are involved in the deceision making process. I am just sounding a cautious alarm that it may not be all we had hoped.

Last edited:
@Monoloki here is your answer. In table 1, but still a huge leap from previous compensation. I believe a ripple effect will also be that if VA's start hiring residency grads en masse, it'll force the hands of these groups to raise the base/incentives for new Associates.

With all due respect,

I was aware of this table early last week when the decision was made. However, all it shows is a range 101-125 (thousands) respectively. No where does it even give an idea what the average new compensation will be. I do believe there will be some extra, but Will have to wait and see. Some of the questions I have asked of Senior deceision makers gives me concern. I do hope you are right, and I hope there is a ripple effect in private practice!

@Monoloki
If you dig deeper, and actually find the Table 1 pay scale- it breaks down exactly what your compensation would be based upon # of years employed and position held (staff vs. attending vs. chief, etc.). These figures are a general, and adjusted based on cost of living around the location of the hospital. So the 'average' is not really an applicable metric. You've still yet to delineate the exact concerns the senior members you allude to have expressed.

@Monoloki
If you dig deeper, and actually find the Table 1 pay scale- it breaks down exactly what your compensation would be based upon # of years employed and position held (staff vs. attending vs. chief, etc.). These figures are a general, and adjusted based on cost of living around the location of the hospital. So the 'average' is not really an applicable metric. You've still yet to delineate the exact concerns the senior members you allude to have expressed.

The tiers are a range. Yes there is a table for longevity that base pay is calculated on. There is no locality pay, just Market pay and there is no table for that. You can fall anywhere on those ranges in the tiers of the pay table above your base pay. I am done with this and trying to explain something you clearly have no understanding of. We will just wait and see!