1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

vacation + WLs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by C.P. Jones, May 6, 2007.

1. C.P. Jones

C.P. Jones Catface Majigger
    7+ Year Member

I'll be in Italy from may 19th - june 3rd.....if I were to get news from any of my WLs during that time, can I tell my schools now that X person will make official decisions for me? As in I will decide right now that if I get off of some WL, I will go or not, and..say...my brother can respond to email, or letter, or whatever while I'm gone? Since I guess they give you a very short time to decide......

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 45408

45408 aw buddy
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would guess so, but I doubt any of us could let you know for certain. Call them up individually for sure.

4. kdburton

kdburton Ulnar Deviant
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Any time you go out of the country for an extended period of time (although you may not consider that an "extended period") you should legally designate someone as your power of attourney. Basically they can make any decisions you could make if you were at home. I'd consider doing this and having it be one of your parents.

5. ReachingTruth

ReachingTruth My Future Rests on Hope
    2+ Year Member

I'm backpacking Europe and contacted each of my schools to see what they wanted to do! Each school has different procedures from we'll talk by email to tell us in writing who's going to make your decision.

Call them up or Email them. Also, I agree with kdburton that Power of Attorney is not a bad idea when you're leaving the country.

6. C.P. Jones

C.P. Jones Catface Majigger
    7+ Year Member

good info, thanks everyone. i'll contact the schools