vacation + WLs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be in Italy from may 19th - june 3rd.....if I were to get news from any of my WLs during that time, can I tell my schools now that X person will make official decisions for me? As in I will decide right now that if I get off of some WL, I will go or not, and..say...my brother can respond to email, or letter, or whatever while I'm gone? Since I guess they give you a very short time to decide......

Members don't see this ad.

I would guess so, but I doubt any of us could let you know for certain. Call them up individually for sure.

I'll be in Italy from may 19th - june 3rd.....if I were to get news from any of my WLs during that time, can I tell my schools now that X person will make official decisions for me? As in I will decide right now that if I get off of some WL, I will go or not, and..say...my brother can respond to email, or letter, or whatever while I'm gone? Since I guess they give you a very short time to decide......

Any time you go out of the country for an extended period of time (although you may not consider that an "extended period") you should legally designate someone as your power of attourney. Basically they can make any decisions you could make if you were at home. I'd consider doing this and having it be one of your parents.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm backpacking Europe and contacted each of my schools to see what they wanted to do! Each school has different procedures from we'll talk by email to tell us in writing who's going to make your decision.

Call them up or Email them. Also, I agree with kdburton that Power of Attorney is not a bad idea when you're leaving the country.

good info, thanks everyone. i'll contact the schools