SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

vacation + WLs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by C.P. Jones, May 6, 2007.

1. C.P. Jones

C.P. Jones Catface Majigger 7+ Year Member

Jun 9, 2005
    I'll be in Italy from may 19th - june 3rd.....if I were to get news from any of my WLs during that time, can I tell my schools now that X person will make official decisions for me? As in I will decide right now that if I get off of some WL, I will go or not, and..say...my brother can respond to email, or letter, or whatever while I'm gone? Since I guess they give you a very short time to decide......

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. 45408

45408 aw buddy 7+ Year Member

Jun 13, 2004
    I would guess so, but I doubt any of us could let you know for certain. Call them up individually for sure.

4. kdburton

kdburton Ulnar Deviant 5+ Year Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Any time you go out of the country for an extended period of time (although you may not consider that an "extended period") you should legally designate someone as your power of attourney. Basically they can make any decisions you could make if you were at home. I'd consider doing this and having it be one of your parents.

5. ReachingTruth

ReachingTruth My Future Rests on Hope 2+ Year Member

Jul 19, 2006
    I'm backpacking Europe and contacted each of my schools to see what they wanted to do! Each school has different procedures from we'll talk by email to tell us in writing who's going to make your decision.

Call them up or Email them. Also, I agree with kdburton that Power of Attorney is not a bad idea when you're leaving the country.

6. C.P. Jones

C.P. Jones Catface Majigger 7+ Year Member

Jun 9, 2005
    good info, thanks everyone. i'll contact the schools