Vaccination Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

striker15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to get medical school vaccination requirements completed as fast as possible? Just went over some requirements and I've never had a titer test done on my blood before. I've received all my vaccinations but the whole titer exam concept is new to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to your doctor. Show him/her your form. Doc will take it from there. You may need to contact your pediatrician for your vaccination records if your current physician does not have them.

What is the best way to get medical school vaccination requirements completed as fast as possible? Just went over some requirements and I've never had a titer test done on my blood before. I've received all my vaccinations but the whole titer exam concept is new to me.

For looking at your antibody titer, simple blood work will be ordered. It is not big deal. And for a good number of immunizations, I'm assuming that the requirement is that you are vaccinated OR you have immunity to disease as demonstrated by your antibody titers to that specific disease although there might be exceptions.

Agree with above. Take your pre-entrance health requirements to your physician, along with your shot record.

I had to prove I had been vaccinated against Hep B and the DTaP series (I got a brief waiver because I had a Td booster within 2 years of matriculation), and titers for varicella (because I didn't have a record of WHEN I had chickenpox, so I figured getting documentation of immunity was going to be the easiest course of action) and rubella. They took 1 tube of blood and gave me a PPD. Results came back in a few days, proving I had immunity, and the doc filled out my form for me.