vague secondary essay prompt...what to write?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nartnad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those secondary essay prompts that are vague like, "Explain anything else about yourself:"....what approach are you planning on using?

Reiterate the same stuff you talked about in the primary essay, but spin it a bit? Or talk about stuff you didnt talk about?

Vague question... and I know theres no right or wrong way of doing this, but I'm lookin for suggestions cuz I feel like everything Im writing is fluff and redundant. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm struggling with a similar vague secondary essay prompt. I swear I've been staring at it for three hours.. I'll start to write something, and I'm like no, I already mentioned this in my personal statement. And then I'll start to write something else, and I'm like no, they really won't care about this. And then I'll start to write something else, and I'm like no, this doesn't even have anything to do with dentistry.. Argghhhhh.

That's an open invitation to rewrite your PS hahaha.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's an open invitation to rewrite your PS hahaha.
:laugh:
When I faced that kind of question I focused on what makes me different and how it would be a benefit to the school and dentistry..... I figured you can only restate stuff in you ps so much before you get sick of it yourself.

For those secondary essay prompts that are vague like, "Explain anything else about yourself:"....what approach are you planning on using?

Reiterate the same stuff you talked about in the primary essay, but spin it a bit? Or talk about stuff you didnt talk about?

Vague question... and I know theres no right or wrong way of doing this, but I'm lookin for suggestions cuz I feel like everything Im writing is fluff and redundant. Thanks.

As mentioned, write how your attributes would benefit the school and profession. Make it unique. No one wants to read a sparknotes version of your personal statement.