Value of submitting today with no LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMed2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've been reading some great advice in these forums, but have not found any posts that specifically address my question. I'm wondering if submitting my application now, with no LORs uploaded will be beneficial to me in any way. Will programs offer me an interview without a single LOR? What is the difference between submitting my application today with no LORs versus submitting my application next week with no LORs?

I realize that all residency offices are closed at this time, but I figure if it is better to submit today, I could at least have it "postmarked" with today's date, even though they won't download it until tomorrow.

I appreciate any facts/opinions/experiences/etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I should probably change my status from pre-medical to medical student, I haven't been on in quite some time! Again, I appreciate your feedback.

So, I've been reading some great advice in these forums, but have not found any posts that specifically address my question. I'm wondering if submitting my application now, with no LORs uploaded will be beneficial to me in any way. Will programs offer me an interview without a single LOR? What is the difference between submitting my application today with no LORs versus submitting my application next week with no LORs?

I realize that all residency offices are closed at this time, but I figure if it is better to submit today, I could at least have it "postmarked" with today's date, even though they won't download it until tomorrow.

I appreciate any facts/opinions/experiences/etc.

Plenty of programs will offer interviews without any LOR's. That said, I don't think it makes a huge difference if you submit today or next week, but if you're ready otherwise why not get it over with? LOR's should have no bearing on when you submit.