Vanderbilt Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrThom

Thundercat
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my Vandy interview this Tuesday and I was just wondering if anyone who had interviewed there had Scott Rodgers as an interviewer. This is who I am assigned to but the page they gave me didn't have anything about him except that he is a adolescent psychiatrist. I was just wondering what I should expect?

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed a friend of mine who may know. I will post if he does. I didn't have info on my interviewer there either, so I did a medline search and read through some of his publications on the flight over. Although it made me feel more "prepared", it didn't matter at all b/c funny enough, we only talked about me! Vanderbilt interviews are really friendly, so don't stress.

If your interview is in the afternoon, its likely you'll miss out on lunch b/c the student tour takes longer than it is supposed to. So bring a snack or have a hearty breakfast.

Good luck!

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I know I am probably stressing out more than I should. I am just afraid I am going to get a hard-ass and that'll just ruin the whole damn interview.

Eh, worst case scenario...

Members don't see this ad :)
DrThom said:
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I know I am probably stressing out more than I should. I am just afraid I am going to get a hard-ass and that'll just ruin the whole damn interview.

Eh, worst case scenario...

drthom, good luck on the interview. after all that stress waiting for the secondary/interview!
let us know how it goes.

I had an interview with Scott Rodgers. He was actually my favorite interviewer so far. He reads your AMCAS essay closely and asks questions about it so just be familiar with what you wrote. Also, he wants to know what interests you in Vanderbilt. You can definitely tell he is a psychiatrist with the way he listens to your answers. Just relax he's a nice guy.

DrThom said:
I have my Vandy interview this Tuesday and I was just wondering if anyone who had interviewed there had Scott Rodgers as an interviewer. This is who I am assigned to but the page they gave me didn't have anything about him except that he is a adolescent psychiatrist. I was just wondering what I should expect?