Vanderbilt "night before dinner"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EM Junkie

SDN Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

It is looking like I will not able able to attend the Vandy "night before dinner" with the residents due to a scheduling conflict. For those who are residents there, or have already interviewed there - how essential is it that I make this dinner? Should I not even waste my time and money coming if I can't make it to the dinner?

Thanks! Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

hey there! i'm a vandy r1.

don't be silly. you'll get plenty of time to ask us questions during your interview day. you'll miss out on some good pizza and beer thursday night, but that's it. i couldn't make it to the dinner the night before i interviewed either.

i'll PM you my phone number if you want to talk. i'll also try to come tomorrow for lunch but i'm starting trauma nights tomorrow -- we'll see if i'm awake. :^)

If you do wind up going, make sure not to talk to the big R1 with a beard from Alabama. He's a real jerk. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
< the big R1 with a beard from Alabama >

...and where is it that the rest of him comes from?

(ba-dunk-CHUNK.)

Febrifuge said:
< the big R1 with a beard from Alabama >

...and where is it that the rest of him comes from?

(ba-dunk-CHUNK.)

Very nice. I left myself wide open and never saw it coming. :laugh:

just curious...is a rental car necessary in nashville? or is there some easy way to get from the airport to the hotels? what do most people do who are interviewing there?

thanks!

just curious...is a rental car necessary in nashville? or is there some easy way to get from the airport to the hotels? what do most people do who are interviewing there?

thanks!

You should be able to catch a cab from the airport to your hotel, but I would actually recommend a rental. A rental doesn't cost you that much and you could explore the city alittle more. The airport is about 8-10 miles from Vandy.