Vanderbilt Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Website, EM and Non-EM Positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCSMDoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m one of the fellows in Vanderbilt’s Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship. When I was applying last year, I read SDN almost daily and thought this would be a good way to let you all know about Vanderbilt’s new Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship website.

The new website specifically points out that although we’re accredited though pediatrics and listed in ERAS and AAMC as “Sports Medicine (Pediatrics)” (here), we actually have two positions per year: one position dedicated to an Emergency Medicine physician and one position dedicated to a Non-Emergency Medicine physician.

We welcome applicants with backgrounds in:
· Emergency Medicine
· Internal Medicine
· Medicine/ Pediatrics
· Pediatrics
· Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

Please see our new website for more information (here and here)!
Sports Medicine Fellowships | Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation

Thanks and best wishes with the application cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info it looks great. I can't wait to apply next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the same thing...per their website Vanderbilt doesn't have a FM department, so they couldn't have a FM continuity clinic. Would you really want to go somewhere like that? Sounds like it's not even a rotation for med students

Yup, fishy.

Has to be a rotation for med students though, it's a core..