SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Vanderbilt question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sprockette, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Sprockette

Sprockette Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Do any of you know how many applicants Vanderbilt is interviewing this year? I thought I read somewhere that they interview everyone they send a secondary to, but since they didn't screen before sending secondaries this year, I figured they probably decided to scrap that policy. So, if anyone knows how many interviews they are giving this year, as well as how many they typically accept, I'd be very interested in this knowledge...thanks in advance!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ditwee

Ditwee Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Gainesville, FL
    I can't exactly answer your question but I can provide you with an interesting fact about Vandy this year....they aren't even requiring secondaries before they start calling for interviews. Good Luck!

4. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 12, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    I submitted my Vandy secondary 4-6 weeks ago, but my status page is still pretty much blank. How long did it take for you to get a response after submitting your secondary?

5. coop

coop Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 4, 2001
    so vandy usually makes interview decisions based soley on amcas, and sends secondaries along with interview invites. This year they weren't getting enough info from amcas to make invites so they decided to send out the secondary to everyone. When they did start getting amcas applications in they made some (maybe all) invites without necessarily looking at the secondary (the invite said "make sure you submit your secondary before you come for the interview"). Despite this new system I would doubt they plan on interviewing more people than usual, last year it was 766. They say on the interview day that the interview is a very small portion of your file, and it's more there for you to get to know the school. I would guess they accept between 250 and 300 for their class of 104, but that's a rough guess. I got my invite just days after submitting my secondary, so i don't think they had read it yet.

6. Sprockette

Sprockette Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 2, 2001

7. Logan

Logan Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 7, 2001
    Chapel Hill
    The status pages are still blank because they are backlogged. I emailed because I sent mine in a while back and they said they had all my stuff, but that they were really behind.