Vanderbilt scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have been accepted to Vanderbilt...

Today I got a letter from them offering me a Dean's Scholarship which covers full tuition and $3000 stipend for all 4 years of med school.

I dont know how many of these scholarships they offer but I'm sure some of you will be getting a nice Christmas present from them. And from me as well, since I'm withdrawing from Vanderbilt.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

hey baylor,
i'm really interested in that scholarship (for 2003). I'm curious as to how competitive I am. Could you post or PM your stats so that i can get a feel for the competition? Thanks

I'm not sure what they use to award this scholarship, it might be partly based on stats but I dont think that has a whole lot to do with it because my stats are mediocre at best compared to other Vanderbilt acceptees.

But, here you are:

MCAT = 31
VR = 11
PS = 11
BS = 9
W = R

GPA = 3.82
Nonscience = 3.72
Science = 3.88

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn Baylor21,

You are freaking the man...I wish Vandy would have accepted me, let alone given me a full tuition scholarship..DAMN!

Really Baylor21, you gotta have something you aren't telling us about...Are you able to hypnotize people?
Cuz that must be it!

Hmmmmm....I've applied to Vanderbilt, though I only got my secondary in this week.

Did you have to apply to that separately, or did they just up and offer it to you? I know you're applying Md/Phd most places; did you apply Md/Phd at Vanderbilt?

In any case, it's good to know.

Coalboy,

No I didnt specifically apply for this scholarship. I think they automatically consider everybody who has been accepted.

I also applied only regular MD to Vanderbilt so thats why I'm withdrawing my application.

baylor21,

Congrats! Im a bit curious, but, besides academics, did you do anything significant in college that makes your application so good? i.e., did you: Founded some organizations, went abroad to help the needy, had a super recommendation, published stuff, took time off after college, socioeconomic disadvantage (needed financial aid), related to some well-known figure, etc.?

baylor,

what was the name of the scholarship that u received?