gotgirth

Greatest Icon in Wrestlng
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Anyone know anything about these??i.e. who they tend to give them out to (in state/out of state/merit based/needbased/etc.), what they look for? I saw there were about 5 of them listed on their webpage, but was wondering if anyone knew how they tend to be handed out.

Gradient Echo

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I was offered a full tuition scholarship to Vanderbilt last year. I was out of state, non URM. I didnt have to apply for it separately, they notified me about a month after I got accepted that they were offering it to me. I guess it was based on merit, because they didnt know anything about my financial situation when they gave it out to me. I know Vandy also gives some scholarships for URMs.

As for the merit based scholarships, i have no idea what they are looking for specifically, the award letter didnt really talk about the selection grounds.

good luck, i was impressed with vandy

J

jot

gradient - was this seperate from nih/mstp money? i'm looking forward to seeing the school

About the Ads

Gradient Echo

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I applied to Vandy for MD only so it was not part of the NIH/MSTP program.

I was somewhat skeptical that I would be competitive for MSTP programs, so when I applied I sent applications to both MD only and MD/PhD programs.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads