Vanderbilt Scholarships?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gotgirth, Sep 21, 2002.

1. gotgirth

gotgirth Greatest Icon in Wrestlng
    7+ Year Member

Anyone know anything about these??i.e. who they tend to give them out to (in state/out of state/merit based/needbased/etc.), what they look for? I saw there were about 5 of them listed on their webpage, but was wondering if anyone knew how they tend to be handed out.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gradient Echo

Gradient Echo Membership Revoked
    Removed

I was offered a full tuition scholarship to Vanderbilt last year. I was out of state, non URM. I didnt have to apply for it separately, they notified me about a month after I got accepted that they were offering it to me. I guess it was based on merit, because they didnt know anything about my financial situation when they gave it out to me. I know Vandy also gives some scholarships for URMs.

As for the merit based scholarships, i have no idea what they are looking for specifically, the award letter didnt really talk about the selection grounds.

good luck, i was impressed with vandy

4. jot

jot

gradient - was this seperate from nih/mstp money? i'm looking forward to seeing the school

5. Gradient Echo

Gradient Echo Membership Revoked
    Removed

I applied to Vandy for MD only so it was not part of the NIH/MSTP program.

I was somewhat skeptical that I would be competitive for MSTP programs, so when I applied I sent applications to both MD only and MD/PhD programs.

6. jot

jot

ha - i guess we're all skeptics in the beginning - maybe see you on the 2nd:)