Vanderbilt Scholarships?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gotgirth, Sep 21, 2002.

1. gotgirth

gotgirth Greatest Icon in Wrestlng

Anyone know anything about these??i.e. who they tend to give them out to (in state/out of state/merit based/needbased/etc.), what they look for? I saw there were about 5 of them listed on their webpage, but was wondering if anyone knew how they tend to be handed out.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gradient Echo

Gradient Echo Banned
    Banned

I was offered a full tuition scholarship to Vanderbilt last year. I was out of state, non URM. I didnt have to apply for it separately, they notified me about a month after I got accepted that they were offering it to me. I guess it was based on merit, because they didnt know anything about my financial situation when they gave it out to me. I know Vandy also gives some scholarships for URMs.

As for the merit based scholarships, i have no idea what they are looking for specifically, the award letter didnt really talk about the selection grounds.

good luck, i was impressed with vandy

4. jot

jot

gradient - was this seperate from nih/mstp money? i'm looking forward to seeing the school

5. Gradient Echo

Gradient Echo Banned
    Banned

I applied to Vandy for MD only so it was not part of the NIH/MSTP program.

I was somewhat skeptical that I would be competitive for MSTP programs, so when I applied I sent applications to both MD only and MD/PhD programs.

6. jot

jot

ha - i guess we're all skeptics in the beginning - maybe see you on the 2nd:)