Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
4,129
9
Status (Visible)
Anybody planning on going to Vanderbilt's Second Look weekend?
 

mlw03

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
3,124
128
39
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
not to be rude, but why are you considering going when you're sure you're NOT going there? it just sounds like a waste of your time, as well as theirs.
 

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
4,129
9
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by mlw03
not to be rude, but why are you considering going when you're sure you're NOT going there? it just sounds like a waste of your time, as well as theirs.

Its a second look weekend, you never know, I might change my mind. I have already dropped all the schools I wouldnt consider going to, and Vandy is still around. Might as well see the school again, this time from a different viewpoint.

If anything, a second look weekend is a waste of money to Vandy for someone who knows they are going there. At least they have a chance to attract me from somewhere else, which I sorta thought was the whole point of second look weekends.
 
About the Ads

CalBeE

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
2,062
1
Status (Visible)
I withdrew from Vandy a week ago. I just feel that even if I go back for second look, I don't think Nashville will be a good fit for me...good luck.
 

mlw03

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
3,124
128
39
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
i suppose that's a valid point. it's just that you sound pretty set on baylor from various stuff i've seen you post lately. but hey, vandy is in nashville right, so if you go, might as well check out some of the country music stuff. yeeeeeee-haw.
 

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
4,129
9
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by CalBeE
I withdrew from Vandy a week ago. I just feel that even if I go back for second look, I don't think Nashville will be a good fit for me...good luck.

I actually liked Vandy, kinda reminds me of my undergrad. Might as well take a look at it again though, to be sure (either way).
 

ice_23

Economics Monster
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
1,208
1
39
NYC
Status (Visible)
I actually might go to it. Apr 16-18, right?

-Ice

P.S. He's not wasting their time by going to the second look weekend; he obviously wouldn't go if he wasn't considering it. I think it's a good deal to go if you're even a tiny bit considering the school.
 

meanderson

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2003
681
0
Status (Visible)
Has vandy given you a complete free ride? Because if I was holding an acceptance to Baylor and I was a texas resident, that's what it take for me to even consider Vanderbilt. But hey.....you have ebery right to go to any second look weekend if you are holding an acceptance there, so it can't hurt if you have the time and money to make the trip.
 

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
4,129
9
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by mlw03
i suppose that's a valid point. it's just that you sound pretty set on baylor from various stuff i've seen you post lately. but hey, vandy is in nashville right, so if you go, might as well check out some of the country music stuff. yeeeeeee-haw.

Yeah, Im pretty set, but I liked Vandy enough not to withdraw from it, so I figure I might as well check it out again. This whole thing is such a major decision, can't be too thorough, ya know?
 

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
4,129
9
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by ice_23
I actually might go to it. Apr 16-18, right?

-Ice

P.S. He's not wasting their time by going to the second look weekend; he obviously wouldn't go if he wasn't considering it. I think it's a good deal to go if you're even a tiny bit considering the school.

Yeah, not only would it be nice to see the campus again, but I didnt get a good feel for the curriculum changes they have recently made when I interviewed there. Id like to learn a bit more before making a final decision.

Anyway, I didnt intend this thread to become like this, just wanted to know if Id get to meet any cool SDN peeps while there.
 

taehong81

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2003
318
7
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
For those who have been accepted to Vandy, I would encourage you to come to the second look weekend. Those who interviewed early sept and oct probably didn't get the chance to see the new children's hospital built. It is the best children's hospital I have seen. http://www.vanderbiltchildrens.com/ Plus I heard that Vandy treats you well during the second look weekend with great food and fun activities. Plus you stay at the new Marriot hotel just built by the campus which is also owned by Vanderbilt. AND IT IS FREE!
 

ice_23

Economics Monster
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
1,208
1
39
NYC
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Gleevec
Yeah, not only would it be nice to see the campus again, but I didnt get a good feel for the curriculum changes they have recently made when I interviewed there. Id like to learn a bit more before making a final decision.

Anyway, I didnt intend this thread to become like this, just wanted to know if Id get to meet any cool SDN peeps while there.

Yea i totally agree; I want to see what its about in a relaxed setting. You're from Duke, no? I might see you there (although I presume tons of other dukies'll be there too....) :)

-Ice
 

ice_23

Economics Monster
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
1,208
1
39
NYC
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by taehong81
For those who have been accepted to Vandy, I would encourage you to come to the second look weekend. Those who interviewed early sept and oct probably didn't get the chance to see the new children's hospital built. It is the best children's hospital I have seen. http://www.vanderbiltchildrens.com/ Plus I heard that Vandy treats you well during the second look weekend with great food and fun activities. Plus you stay at the new Marriot hotel just built by the campus which is also owned by Vanderbilt. AND IT IS FREE!

Yea the free thing is really cool :)

-Ice
 

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
4,129
9
Status (Visible)
Yeah I didnt get a chance to check out the childrens hospital either when I interviewed. Definitely would like to see that.

And yeah, ice23, hopefully we'll catch each other there!
 

efex101

attending
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2002
2,713
74
55
MN
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I will be there for sure maybe we should PM each other and try to meet....that would be fun.
 

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2001
2,416
5
Status (Visible)
hey,

2nd look weekend fast approaching. some of the current med students made phone calls tonite to those who've been accepted to answer any quesitons applicants had about 2nd look. many of the med students came from the same undergrduate schools. if u didn't get a phone call or simply got a message, feel free to ask me any questions.
 

prmd4555

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
91
0
Status (Visible)
I am going and can't wait. I really liked Vandy a lot when I interviewed. Its nice that they are paying for everything!
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.