Vanderbilt Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Entirecropslost

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Vanderbilt secondary says, "give a picture of yourself, your family, and events you consider important to you..." When I first read this I thought they wanted us to include a picture of myself and my family. But do you think they just mean to just explain what my family members are like? Stupid question I know what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Entirecropslost said:
The Vanderbilt secondary says, "give a picture of yourself, your family, and events you consider important to you..." When I first read this I thought they wanted us to include a picture of myself and my family. But do you think they just mean to just explain what my family members are like? Stupid question I know what do you think?
Well that depends...where is this sentence? If it is followed by a bunch of lines for writing, they're asking for a written response. If, however, it's part of the directions where they're telling you what you need to include...well, then I guess it means they want your personal photo album lol >).

Yeah, it is a stupid question.

Just kidding... I'm thinking that it's just a variation on the old "tell us something unique about you, your upbringing, early environment, educational experiences, etc.".

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it says 2000 word limit. And says "as best you can give a picture...." and goes on to talk about values, memories, etc. To me it clearly means words and not a picture.

Smokey said:
Yeah, it says 2000 word limit. And says "as best you can give a picture...." and goes on to talk about values, memories, etc. To me it clearly means words and not a picture.
Well, if a picture says a 1000 words, I guess you can include up to two pictures lol >).

Yes, they mean words only.

Entirecropslost said:

Umm...this is a part of the description of the autobiography. They're asking you to describe yourself, not send them a photo collage.