1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Vanderbilt waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dlc, Jan 28, 2002.

1. dlc

dlc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Does anyone have any idea when this waitlist will start to move? Do we really have to wait until May or is there a chance that they will take people off anytime soon just like some of the other schools we have heard about on this board? I sent an email to the admissions director but no response yet...
    dlc :rolleyes:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

I think you have to wait...A LONG LONG TIME :(

4. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

5. vkrn

vkrn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

When I interviewed, the Director Pat Sagen said that the waitlist doesn't move for a while, until sometimes late summer. She specifically said if you want to go to Vandy, you should stay on the waitlist, and prob. expect to wait a long time.

When I talked to three students, they said that almost 50% (if not a tad more) of their M1 class was from the waitlist.

6. dlc

dlc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Legi:
    I interviewed at Vandy on November 27 and got the waitlist letter around January 10. I heard from a Vandy undergrad that being on the waitlist is good because of what vkrn said, that almost 50% come from waitlist. I just didn't know if I should expect the same thing this year or if AMCAS somehow messed that up. I already wrote Vandy a "top choice" letter and was hoping that maybe that would speed things up because I really don't want to have to wait until the summer to hear something. I have already gotten into some other places and I would really love to be able to plan my future early!
    dlc