Vanderbilt waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dlc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea when this waitlist will start to move? Do we really have to wait until May or is there a chance that they will take people off anytime soon just like some of the other schools we have heard about on this board? I sent an email to the admissions director but no response yet...
dlc :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have to wait...A LONG LONG TIME :(

Originally posted by dlc:
•Does anyone have any idea when this waitlist will start to move? Do we really have to wait until May or is there a chance that they will take people off anytime soon just like some of the other schools we have heard about on this board? I sent an email to the admissions director but no response yet...
dlc :rolleyes: •••

Would you mind telling me when you interviewed and when you got the decision letter?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed, the Director Pat Sagen said that the waitlist doesn't move for a while, until sometimes late summer. She specifically said if you want to go to Vandy, you should stay on the waitlist, and prob. expect to wait a long time.

When I talked to three students, they said that almost 50% (if not a tad more) of their M1 class was from the waitlist.

Legi:
I interviewed at Vandy on November 27 and got the waitlist letter around January 10. I heard from a Vandy undergrad that being on the waitlist is good because of what vkrn said, that almost 50% come from waitlist. I just didn't know if I should expect the same thing this year or if AMCAS somehow messed that up. I already wrote Vandy a "top choice" letter and was hoping that maybe that would speed things up because I really don't want to have to wait until the summer to hear something. I have already gotten into some other places and I would really love to be able to plan my future early!
dlc