Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmartyPants

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that people who are accepted usually receive phone calls on a Friday but is that ALWAYS the case or has anyone ever been accepted per mail? I just called the admissions office and the lady told me that I will receive my decision letter sometime next week. Does that mean I will be waitlisted/rejected or is there still hope? Somebody helpppp.... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

SmartyPants said:
I heard that people who are accepted usually receive phone calls on a Friday but is that ALWAYS the case or has anyone ever been accepted per mail? I just called the admissions office and the lady told me that I will receive my decision letter sometime next week. Does that mean I will be waitlisted/rejected or is there still hope? Somebody helpppp.... :scared:

I got my call on a Saturday for what it's worth.

kikkoman said:
I got my call on a Saturday for what it's worth.

Congrats!! But I was told that I'll receive a letter... so does that mean it's definitely not an acceptance at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
SmartyPants said:
Congrats!! But I was told that I'll receive a letter... so does that mean it's definitely not an acceptance at this point?

They told me the same thing, and I got a call at 4 PM on a Tuesday. Um, that's what the secretary has to tell you. She does not have the authority to tell you about the adcom's decision.

GuyLaroche said:
They told me the same thing, and I got a call at 4 PM on a Tuesday. Um, that's what the secretary has to tell you. She does not have the authority to tell you about the adcom's decision.

On a Tuesday?? Thanks GuyLaroche! That makes me feel much better! And congrats on your acceptance!! :thumbup: :thumbup: