1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Vandy has Saturday Classes???????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MGoBlue13, Oct 7, 2002.

1. MGoBlue13

MGoBlue13 Grizzled Member
    7+ Year Member

So I was just looking through the bulletin for Vandy, and it says that the first semester of first year gross anatomy is scheduled on saturday..... and at 9 AM no less.

Current Vandy students, or anyone else that knows, is this for real? They made no mention of it at my interview. Otherwise an awesome school though. I'd be more stoked about it though if I know this wasn't true.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rotatores

rotatores Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Whether class is mandatory or not, most students at my school are in the lab all Sat's catching up anyways.

4. SunnyS81

SunnyS81 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was told by a second year that they are stopped saturday classes or will be stopping it. Apparently they had the classes so you couldn't go out of town or go all out Friday night.

5. batman123

batman123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

When I interviewed there, the tour guide (MSIII) said they had about about 10 Saturday classes each year during years 1 and 2. He said that they were much shorter than actual weekday lectures.

6. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Jeebus...I'd expect this at Loma Linda...but at Vandy???