Vandy is CALLING TODAY??!! (Hopkins also?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doko

holla atcha boy!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Vanderbilt is calling today? Papete got accepted today, and I'm wondering HOW they are notifying their applicants.

ANYBODY KNOW??!!

Is Hopkins calling today also??!!

Members don't see this ad.

well, i guess vandy has made calls today...i'm not sure about JHU or when they start sending out acceptances....anyone?

Jennifer in admissions confirmed that Vandy would be calling this weekend, but I'm not sure if they are going to get to everyone or not. Letters will be in the mail this week for acceptance, waitlist, or rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
get everyone? I mean, they couldn't have accepted THAT many people that they can't call everyone over a weekend, right?

can anyone confirm they got a call from vandy???? :eek:

kdwuma said:
can anyone confirm they got a call from vandy???? :eek:

PAPete! He is the only one, though.
GARRRRRRRRRRRR!
Have you all checked the 2005 acceptance thread? It seems that last year, Vandy called accepted candidates over a week's time...although quite a few people had certainly found out they'd been accepted by the 16th (a Saturday).

argonana said:
PAPete! He is the only one, though.
GARRRRRRRRRRRR!
Have you all checked the 2005 acceptance thread? It seems that last year, Vandy called accepted candidates over a week's time...although quite a few people had certainly found out they'd been accepted by the 16th (a Saturday).

Can you link the 2005 thread?

i do not know if this helps but my friend that i interviewed with on the same day got waitlisted today ( got a letter ) but we are TN residents. we actually live within a 20 mile radius of vandy. i am actually on the phone with her right now

Here's the thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=152796&page=15&pp=25&highlight=2005+acceptance

But the relevant part is right here:
Vanderbilt
wxl31 (10/16) - phone call, An Yong (10/16) - phone call, futuremsfdoc (10/16) - phone call, ellia08(10/16)- phone call Katie O Connor (10/16) phone call, kotha(10/18), RunMimi (10/22)-phone, olddoc1 (10/22) phone, the other Dr. (10/22) phone, margerita (11/1) - phone call

(Go to page 15 or so, before the dates get deleted.)

kdwuma said:
i do not know if this helps but my friend that i interviewed with on the same day got waitlisted today ( got a letter ) but we are TN residents. we actually live within a 20 mile radius of vandy. i am actually on the phone with her right now

kdwuma--i'm sorry to hear that. ouch. when did you two interview?

i hope your friend is doing all right.

argonana said:
kdwuma--i'm sorry to hear that. ouch. when did you two interview?

i hope your friend is doing all right.

we interviewed on 9/19 but she is cool , both of us have interviews lined up at multiple places so no sweat. thanks for your sentiment. i am actually more nervous since i have no phone call or letter. Maybe I should just walk over there and clear this whole thing up.! Who is with me? :eek:

Vandy called me this morning too - I posted this in another thread but I think it got lost...Anyway, the Dean said that letters will be going out on Monday.

ivy91 said:
Vandy called me this morning too - I posted this in another thread but I think it got lost...Anyway, the Dean said that letters will be going out on Monday.

when was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
So does no Vandy call mean a rejection or waitlist by this point?

kdwuma said:
we interviewed on 9/19 but she is cool , both of us have interviews lined up at multiple places so no sweat. thanks for your sentiment. i am actually more nervous since i have no phone call or letter. Maybe I should just walk over there and clear this whole thing up.! Who is with me? :eek:

:luck: :luck: :luck:

I'm sure you'll be getting tons of acceptances soon. :D

does vandy only call if your accepted and send letters if your rejected? Or do they call and send letters of acceptance too? I interviewed in late september and am not sure when I'll hear. I heard a rumor that it wouldn't be until november. Does anyone else know for sure? Thanks!

anyone who interviewed on 9/8 hear from vandy?

I remember that they said they would call ONLY if you are accepted, if you are waitlisted or are rejected they will just send you a letter

Dean Hal Helderman called me at 8:55 this morning and let me know the good news!

:thumbup: congrats!

can u tell us when you interviewed?

BrownTheDoc said:
Dean Hal Helderman called me at 8:55 this morning and let me know the good news!

WOW!! congrats! Vandy is hardcore, calling on a sunday and all!

BrownTheDoc said:

When was your interview?

JG198 said:
When was your interview?

His interview was 9/1 (from wall of fame thread). Does it seem to anyone else that vandy makes a few calls from 8-9am, and then quits for the day? that seems to be the sdn vandy trend :smuggrin:

surjski said:
His interview was 9/1 (from wall of fame thread). Does it seem to anyone else that vandy makes a few calls from 8-9am, and then quits for the day? that seems to be the sdn vandy trend :smuggrin:

Well, if that is true then I better just stop staring at the phone and wait for my letter lol.

surjski said:

Only the dean calls people, so it might just be whenever he wants to call. I sure wish he would call me.

UMich should teach Vandy a little lesson! Mass email + personal phone call = very little ambiguity.

Anyway...CONGRATS to all who've been accepted!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!!!!!!!!

ok I can not take it anymore, I going over there rightnow, wait...gas is almost $3 and I live about 20 miles away, guess I will wait.

Wahina said:
Only the dean calls people, so it might just be whenever he wants to call. I sure wish he would call me.

Here's some words of inspiration (from my mom)....

You know youre a great applicant, you're completely dedicated and you'd be a great asset to the school.... if vandy doesn't see that, and you're not what they're looking for, there's something fundamentally wrong with them and you don't want to go there anyways!

(I didn't totally buy it either, but it's a nice thought and got me to put down the phone :laugh: )

Labslave said:
So does no Vandy call mean a rejection or waitlist by this point?
I was told that we should expect a call four to six weeks after we interview. They only start calling on Oct 15th so those who interviewed 4-6 weeks (or more) before this date are getting calls now. I interviewed Sept 30th so I think I have a few more weeks to wait. If you didn't interview too long ago and you don't get a call this week, don't freak out.

LadyJubilee8_18 said:
I was told that we should expect a call four to six weeks after we interview. They only start calling on Oct 15th so those who interviewed 4-6 weeks (or more) before this date are getting calls now. I interviewed Sept 30th so I think I have a few more weeks to wait. If you didn't interview too long ago and you don't get a call this week, don't freak out.

I interviewed on Sept. 30th too! I called them on Friday to clear up a problem with my recs, and they said the usual processing time is about a month after the interview. So I guess we're in for at least a couple more weeks of waiting... Good luck!

Yeah, here's hoping they aren't done. I'm pretty sure they are still calling people, but I am defnitely feeling a little more nervous now. I really felt good about it earlier, but now I'm starting to second guess everything about my application/interview day.

Wahina said:
Yeah, here's hoping they aren't done. I'm pretty sure they are still calling people, but I am defnitely feeling a little more nervous now. I really felt good about it earlier, but now I'm starting to second guess everything about my application/interview day.

Likewise

Congrats to all the acceptees! Welcome to the family!! (You're all coming here, of course. :D)

If you haven't heard anything, hang in there. There's no way to know if Dean Helderman has made it all the way through the call list. You'll either get a letter this week letting you know definitively, or - if you don't get any letter - the adcom hasn't gotten to you yet.

Well, seeing as how I interviewed on August 26th, and people who interviewed later than I did got a phone call, I think it's safe to assume that I got rejected/waitlisted.

Gosh... this is soooooooo frustrating. I was by my phone ALL DAY for the past two days... Every single phone call is agonizing! :mad:

Is there room for one more on the No Call, No Love Bus? I actually had my phone nearby when I took a shower today. I've decided that I'm no longer going to alter my routine for this anymore

aumed22 said:
Is there room for one more on the No Call, No Love Bus? I actually had my phone nearby when I took a shower today. I've decided that I'm no longer going to alter my routine for this anymore

GOOD FOR YOU, Aumed... don't wait for it!! I had my phone with my IN THE BATHROOM!!!

Forget about the Black Label... bust out the BLUE!!

Its hard for me to imagine that they couldnt get through all of the acceptances in a weekend....but who knows. Here's to hoping for the best. Cheers.

Im pretty sure now that Vandy calls all throughout the week.

I interview 8/19 and JUST got a phone call about two hours ago so hang in there!!! I am sure its not by interview date and may be by last name or something!!!

Vandy isn't done issuing acceptances until I get a call because I got in damnit. I know it. No more self doubt for me, ladies and gentlemen.

well....amcas had the wrong home phone number for me and so did Vanderbilt. I corrected few minutes ago and I am crossing my fingers again.

Wahina said:
Vandy isn't done issuing acceptances until I get a call because I got in damnit. I know it. No more self doubt for me, ladies and gentlemen.

I love it, Wahina. We are getting in--no question about it.

P.S. Babs--can I be you right now???
:D

argonana said:

Do you want to write my thesis?

JK! I'm sure you will get in!!

Babs0309 said:
Do you want to write my thesis?

JK! I'm sure you will get in!!

Anyone get anything in the mail from vandy?

argonana said:

Do Not talk to her, she is no longer one of us. :D

JG198 said:
Anyone get anything in the mail from vandy?

I was wondering the same. I haven't as of Monday afternoon and I'm in a bordering state. Someone said he had a friend who received a waitlist letter on Saturday because they live 20 miles from Vandy, but someone else claimed all the letters were hitting the mail on Monday. Either way, looks like this week will see the mailman carrying a Vandy letter in his hand. Here's hoping that this particular mailman's brow drips plentifully with hard earned sweat due to the sheer size and weight of that fat Vandy envelope.

Wahina said:

:laugh: :thumbup:

Wahina said:
I was wondering the same. I haven't as of Monday afternoon and I'm in a bordering state. Someone said he had a friend who received a waitlist letter on Saturday because they live 20 miles from Vandy, but someone else claimed all the letters were hitting the mail on Monday. Either way, looks like this week will see the mailman carrying a Vandy letter in his hand. Here's hoping that this particular mailman's brow drips plentifully with hard earned sweat due to the sheer size and weight of that fat Vandy envelope.
Actually -- from what i understood from the phone call, they call you, verify your address and then send the letter in the mail.

Apparently, Dean Helderman was signing my letter just as I called him back.

So you will get a call first and then the letter in the mail!

Just my $0.02

i got the vanderbilt waitlist letter today in the mail, interviewed on 9/8, anyone know how many come off the list each year???????????