Vandy OMS interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uncfinley

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of those who went to Vandy, what did you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

I really liked it. They seem to be a very well rounded program with solid numbers in all aspects. Dr. Boyd and Mckenna appear to be a great team and treat their resident's very well. Good mix of resident's and they seemed like a fun bunch. I thought is was pretty cool how they could pull up films on a PC at home while on call. I also really liked the location and the fact that the only thing I would have to worry about outside of the hospital is getting mugged by hot undergrad chicks. Definitely didn't envision a level 1 in an area like that. Only downside appears to be the high tuition for med school but I'm doing 4's so it's really a non issue.

The interview itself was very well done and you could tell Dr. Boyd puts a lot of effort into it. I was a little tired as we interviewed with like 10 different people but I guess it shows how thorough they are. I even recieved a thank you card from Dr. Boyd which was a nice gesture. Didn't know much about the program before but I left very impressed and will probably rank them very high.