Vandy waitlisters for c/o 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EBI831

legend in the making
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanna see just how much this waitlist moves. Last year people got in on may 15th and may 16th. good luck to all! i'm not so certain that if i got off i would go but nevertheless at one point this was my favorite school for med school and it still is my undergrad alma mater so i thought it deserved a waitlist thread too.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm glad someone made this....Vandy's my first choice as well. Good luck guys...

ditto for me....

:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I wanna see just how much this waitlist moves. Last year people got in on may 15th and may 16th. good luck to all! i'm not so certain that if i got off i would go but nevertheless at one point this was my favorite school for med school and it still is my undergrad alma mater so i thought it deserved a waitlist thread too.

hey EB - is Baylor your #1? or are you waiting for another school? it makes me sad to see no action on the baylor thread, so i'm trying to recruit... :)

actually my #1 is weird. it was uchicago all along b/c i thought i'd never get in based on the lateness of my application, family relationship with the school, and AMCAS errors in forwarding info to them. so then vandy was my #1 b/c i'm familiar w/ the school (i went for undergrad) and the med students seem so fun until i went to interview at baylor in january and i've been obsessed w/ baylor since. as of now and most likely i'm going to UChicago but i'd definitely have to think twice if vandy or baylor called but i doubt any would match the money pritzker has given me especially since i'm off the waitlist...if there was no money issue involved and i got a call from either it'd be the hardest decision ever.

wow! well, then, i'm impressed you're holding out....how long do you think you'll give vandy and baylor to call you? (chicago/nashville/houston are far away from each other....it would be hard to change plans quickly)

here's another question - did you already fill out financial aid for vandy and baylor just in case you get off the waitlist?

ps - i understand your obsession with baylor :)

Hey guys! I hope you all get in off the waitlist if this is where you want to go. :luck:

hey guys, vandy officially confirmed the receipt of my acceptance withdraw earlier today. hope that opens up a spot :) good luck to all!

wow! well, then, i'm impressed you're holding out....how long do you think you'll give vandy and baylor to call you? (chicago/nashville/houston are far away from each other....it would be hard to change plans quickly)

here's another question - did you already fill out financial aid for vandy and baylor just in case you get off the waitlist?

ps - i understand your obsession with baylor :)

no i was dumb enough not to. i got in at baylor! but now it'll take forever to know if there's money. sorry for hijacking the thread. back to vandy love. no calls today?

Supposedly the Dean had a death in the family, so that put a halt on the admission/wait list movement until next week or so. That is what I heard from a friend who is on the wait list and has contacts at the school.

Hey Paps, thanks for letting me know. Hope his family is dealing with it okay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any clue as to where they are on the list?

no idea. i haven't really had much contact via voice or personal inquiry since the waitlist on jan 4th. i just had a prof send in a recommendation based on my personality in mid february and a research PI send in a letter about my personality and personal traits/qualities in beginning of Feb b/c i felt that at that point i had no admits and pretty much everyone would be sending in grades and all that boring stuff that really wouldn't push them past the other gazillion waitlisters all with ridonk stats.

bump...I heard they made some offers yesterday

Hey guys. As a fellow waitlister for Vandy, I just wanted to share a little bit of information I got.
The other day, my father called Pat Sagen to ask about the waitlist situation. Along with the usual stuff about 600 ppl on the list and about 25 coming off each year, Sagen told my dad that thus far, they only have had 5 spots open up.
Take it for what its worth, but it did come directly from Sagen.

Last edited:
I was at Vandy's admissions office looking for housing a little after May 15 when the dean said something about choosing the top five watlisters, so what was said before seems pretty accurate. I think they were reviewing applications at that time since I saw a crate full of them being rolled to a room and the director and dean following shortly thereafter. The five probably came from that meeting. Good luck you guys!

Another shameless bump...come on guys, something's gotta be happening out there..I hope we can all join the incoming class...from the sound of it, they've picked some cool people.

Hey all
Just a little extra info (or lack of) to add. I called admissions yesterday to see when we would find out our standing, and was told "very soon" and that it would come by snail mail. Not very revealing, but better than nothing I guess. Here's to more waiting!

snail mail you say? hahhaha these days snail mail from med schools is like a message in a bottle in the ocean...it could be years before i get it. no one knows to send things to my home address over my school address (and my school that i graduated from doesn't seem to have my mail forwarding high on its priority list since i don't even go there) and it takes an extra 10 days on top of the time it takes to get there...luckily tho it will take only a day to get to my school address since i go to vandy. i guess i should really withdraw seeing as i'm totally happy going to Chicago and its my dream school but there's just something about being burnt w/o a second chance from your home base...seems like i'm the ugly stepchild or something.

one of my friends got a "we had over 100,000 applicants, and 50,000 on the waitlist..." letters yesterday. So they definitely cut off a large chunk of the waitlist.

Hey all
Just a little extra info (or lack of) to add. I called admissions yesterday to see when we would find out our standing, and was told "very soon" and that it would come by snail mail. Not very revealing, but better than nothing I guess. Here's to more waiting!

last year someone got a call when he got off the waitlist if I remember correctly.

last year someone got a call when he got off the waitlist if I remember correctly.

My original post wasn't as clear as it should have been...my apologies.

I meant to say that I called to see when we would find out our ranking on the list, and was told "very soon" by snail mail.