Variation in chance of matching based on Rank Order List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PatNanym

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am an IMG with average credentials. I was just wondering if my chance of matching would depend on the order in which I ranked programs. For example, if I rank great programs at the top and mediocre programs at the bottom, would it decrease my chance of matching (matching in general, not into any particular program) as opposed to ranking a mediocre program at the top?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No it will not affect it. Rank your first choice number 1. Rank your least favorite last.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the heads up. Missed noticing the Sticky. You needn't have sighed though. But thanks anyway.
I'm sorry that I was frustrated; it's just that this question is so frequently asked that I would have expected you had done a search or looked at the sticky. It literally gets asked dozens of times every year.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry that I was frustrated; it's just that this question is so frequently asked that I would have expected you had done a search or looked at the sticky. It literally gets asked dozens of times every year.
No worries! Yes, I can understand - shall research better henceforth. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Moody surgeons, what can you do? Actually, the OP handled it pretty well...

Reactions: 1 users