• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Maxx4

Have I annoyed you yet?
10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2008
Florida
So I’m only a Pre-med but I was wondering how do you guys (mainly the ladies) deal with varicose veins? Are there surgeons who don’t have any at all? Is that even possible?

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
So I’m only a Pre-med but I was wondering how do you guys (mainly the ladies) deal with varicose veins? Are there surgeons who don’t have any at all? Is that even possible?

I have some spiders but I don't have actual VV.

They certainly can be somewhat prevented by wearing support hose, keeping your weight down, trying to sit as often as possible, etc. Treatment depends on how much they bother you. For small spiders, you can inject a sclerosing agent or use laser coagulation. Larger varicosities, especially those that ulcerate or cause pain can be tied off/stripped. I've certainly known a few surgeons who have had that procedure done.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.