various DOs vs Caribbean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

borntowin

Reaction score
Ok so I have acceptances at LECOM, LMU-DCOM, Pikeville, and St. George's University. I'm having a hard time deciding which one would be best. Please tell me which one you think would be best and why!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't mean this flippantly, but St. George's Univ. doesn't belong on your list. Looks like you're choosing between LECOM, LMU-DCOM, and UPKYCOM

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so I have acceptances at LECOM, LMU-DCOM, Pikeville, and St. George's University. I'm having a hard time deciding which one would be best. Please tell me which one you think would be best and why!
LECOM
-it's cold there
-not crazy about PBL but if I have to I can do it

LMU-DCOM
-rural
-board scores are low
-the school was so beautiful though and the faculty was super nice

Pikeville
- SUPER rural
- they seem to have good rotation spots
- board scores are low
- fourth year rotations you are on your own

To answer your question, I recently met a few of your seniors from LECOM with solid boards. They are very solid and amiable.

I personally would go to the cheapest option and ANKI all days during pre-clinical years to do well on board. The preclinical curriculum doesn't matter. All the preclinical staff just need to gtfo of your way and let you study on your board.

St. George's University should be off that list.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
St. George's University shouldn't been in the picture at this point. I would pick LECOM out of the three DO programs. Congrats on all of your acceptances!

Reactions: 4 users
You'd be a fool to go for the Caribbean Crapshoot when you've got three US acceptances in hand.