Vascular Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hobbs the Vagus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for research ideas in vascular surgery. Looking most likely for a retro look at something. What are some of the undecided surgical questions in vascular surgery?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hobbs

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking for research ideas in vascular surgery. Looking most likely for a retro look at something. What are some of the undecided surgical questions in vascular surgery?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hobbs

I've always wondered what would happen if you tied the aorta in a pretzel shape, or if you could do an Ax-Bifem using a garden hose.

Dear Hobbs,

Are blood vessels really made out of lead, like other pipes?

Can I poop rainbows and sunshine?

Sincerely,
Undecided

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I poop rainbows and sunshine?

Reminds me of what my attending is always yelling at me about if I attempt a hand-sewn anastomosis... "Castro! You've got NOTHING there! All you're sewing is flatus to moonbeams!"

And then out comes the staplers... :(

Wow, have not been here in a while since starting residency....Things have changed. Bloundedoc, Dre seriously, screw you. Im tired, been up for last 36. I ask a serious question and I get that. I guess I should really know better.

Castro, never heard that in vascular, but just heard that exact phrase used by my Peds attending while we were doing a esophageal atresia on a 3 day old.

Just finished a big series of pop artery injuries. Just looking for a new project.

Peace.

Wow, have not been here in a while since starting residency....Things have changed. Bloundedoc, Dre seriously, screw you. Im tired, been up for last 36. I ask a serious question and I get that. I guess I should really know better.

Castro, never heard that in vascular, but just heard that exact phrase used by my Peds attending while we were doing a esophageal atresia on a 3 day old.

Just finished a big series of pop artery injuries. Just looking for a new project.

Peace.

Thing about research is that people often don't jump at the chance to do your work for you. Maybe you should start by familiarizing yourself with literature that interests you.

And I would really like to know the answer to my questions. Don't hate because you can't answer them.

That's not from Vascular... That was from my General Surgery rotations.

Not sure if you've been here before (since you just registered this month) but the comments you see above are examples of the typical sarcastic humor in this forum. Its why we enjoy it (and why the EM forum denizens say we're mean). ;)

Its honestly not meant to be personal nor hurtful, but when you ask someone to do your work for you, its probably an expected response.

Nonetheless, personal insults are not allowed. Please keep the conversation cvil.