VCOM-Carolinas vs CUSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluelikestars

Reaction score
VCOM- Carolinas

Pros

Optional lectures, recorded and no formal dress code
Very personable interview and interactions

Cons

Slightly lower board exam and residency match outcomes

Campbell

Pros

1 week break between blocks
Higher board exam and residency match outcomes

Cons

Mandatory lectures with business attire
Rural location
Slightly more expensive

Summary: Accepted to both programs. Having a hard time choosing as both schools are around equal distance from where my family lives. Letter grading system at both, though I believe more emphasized at Campbell. Let me know if you think of some other details to add to my lists, please! Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
VCOM also has 1-week breaks between blocks. If you're looking at specializing (i.e. not primary care), you may want to also consider what research opportunities are available at each, especially with Step 1 going P/F by the time you take the exam.

I strongly advise you NOT to go to VCOM Carolinas. I went there and it was an awful school in many ways.

Also, re this post:

"VCOM- Carolinas
Pros
Very personable interview and interactions"

These things aren't true. It is the exact opposite.

- ATTENDING LETCURES IS MANDATORY
- FORMAL/BUSINESS DRESS CODE IS ALSO REQUIRED AND ENFORCED

To be clear, those things above are NOT contributing factors to why VCOM-Carolinas is bad. It is bad because of the administration not caring about students, only caring about how much money they make, (the president of VCOM is also the Provost, and makes more money than the President of the US, and she is unqualified for both roles!), not responding to student feedback. And so many other things!

Sorry to bring bad news, but I just want you to know that as a former student, I wouldn't recommend other people go there.

Reactions: 1 user
I strongly advise you NOT to go to VCOM Carolinas. I went there and it was an awful school in many ways.

Also, re this post:

"VCOM- Carolinas
Pros
Very personable interview and interactions"

These things aren't true. It is the exact opposite.

- ATTENDING LETCURES IS MANDATORY
- FORMAL/BUSINESS DRESS CODE IS ALSO REQUIRED AND ENFORCED

To be clear, those things above are NOT contributing factors to why VCOM-Carolinas is bad. It is bad because of the administration not caring about students, only caring about how much money they make, (the president of VCOM is also the Provost, and makes more money than the President of the US, and she is unqualified for both roles!), not responding to student feedback. And so many other things!

Sorry to bring bad news, but I just want you to know that as a former student, I wouldn't recommend other people go there.
Can you give a little more insight into this? I feel like the impression I got from my interviewers and administration are polar opposite of this! Are you a recent graduate?