VCOM Waitlisted…advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osteopathinthemaking

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if you guys had any info on how many VCOM wait lists and accepts off their waitlist each year and how and when ranking for their waitlist? Also any advice how to get accepted off their waitlist?

Thanks bunches =)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I was just wondering if you guys had any info on how many VCOM wait lists and accepts off their waitlist each year and how and when ranking for their waitlist? Also any advice how to get accepted off their waitlist?

Thanks bunches =)
You could try updating grades and sending in a LOI. Go on the school specific forum cause sometimes they have more information about the school.

It would probably help if we knew your stats. What did you apply with?

Thanks bunches =)

Members don't see this ad :)
If I'm not mistaken, VCOM does a tier system for their waitlist and will actually tell you where you stand.

It would probably help if we knew your stats. What did you apply with?

this + which VCOM campus you're referring to..

Thanks for your response, I was referring to VCOM VC and my stats are 21 MCAT (9Verbal, 6Ps, 6BS) and then 24 Mcat (8V,7ps,9Bs) and my GPA currently is a 3.23S and 3.3Cum however I am enrolled in three higher level bio courses currently to help increase that science and cumulative gpa! I did know that they ranked but I was wondering how many do they actually waitlist and how do they rank do you guys know? and when do they begin ranking?

Have you called the office to see why you were wait listed?

Have you called the office to see why you were wait listed?
No I didn't want to be too pushy because I called the office not too long ago to see about a decision after it took them apprx. four weeks to get back to us which they said it was due to the snow. I did email here regarding my waitlist and how I wanted to be considered for early admission 2020 etc as the waitlist email said to do so, but I didn't know it was okay to call and ask

Thanks for your response, I was referring to VCOM VC and my stats are 21 MCAT (9Verbal, 6Ps, 6BS) and then 24 Mcat (8V,7ps,9Bs) and my GPA currently is a 3.23S and 3.3Cum however I am enrolled in three higher level bio courses currently to help increase that science and cumulative gpa! I did know that they ranked but I was wondering how many do they actually waitlist and how do they rank do you guys know? and when do they begin ranking?

I have similar stats and haven't received an interview. When were you complete?

To answer your question, I am not sure how much shift off the waitlist, I would say check the 2013-2014 threads to get an idea of how the waitlists work.

No I didn't want to be too pushy because I called the office not too long ago to see about a decision after it took them apprx. four weeks to get back to us which they said it was due to the snow. I did email here regarding my waitlist and how I wanted to be considered for early admission 2020 etc as the waitlist email said to do so, but I didn't know it was okay to call and ask

I believe the wait list is built on a point system, so most likely a combination of objective (stats) and subjective (interview performance) qualities. This is my assumption though.

I wouldn't worry about being pushy, calling to see what area(s) they want you to improve is the only way to play the game. I would call today and see what happened, then you can ask how they set up the wait list. This way you won't be waiting in the dark, you can work towards enhancing whatever it is they feel is deficient.

I believe the wait list is built on a point system, so most likely a combination of objective (stats) and subjective (interview performance) qualities. This is my assumption though.

I wouldn't worry about being pushy, calling to see what area(s) they want you to improve is the only way to play the game. I would call today and see what happened, then you can ask how they set up the wait list. This way you won't be waiting in the dark, you can work towards enhancing whatever it is they feel is deficient.
Do you think that okay even though I recently sent an email?
and thank you for your input!

I have similar stats and haven't received an interview. When were you complete?

To answer your question, I am not sure how much shift off the waitlist, I would say check the 2013-2014 threads to get an idea of how the waitlists work.
I was complete in december but I stayed in contact with them a lot throughout and I think I was annoying enough to get an interview that way. Also I am VA resident, are you as well?

I was complete in december but I stayed in contact with them a lot throughout and I think I was annoying enough to get an interview that way. Also I am VA resident, are you as well?

No, I am not from the region. However, what you did has worked well. I think another LOI will help you. Hopefully some good news comes your way.

No, I am not from the region. However, what you did has worked well. I think another LOI will help you. Hopefully some good news comes your way.
Thank you so much! I am nervous to bombard them but I will do my best to stay connected without being annoying lol. What are your stats btw? where are you from?

@Osteopathinthemaking yes call them! Not calling to find out why you were waitlisted shows very little interest in the program. It's the only sensible action to take once waitlisted.