Vcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Valmont

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to VCOM? I have been asked to finish an application with them and was wondering what people who had been to the school could tell me about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Valmont,

I would probably be able to better answer any questions you have if you post specific ?s. Or you can PM me.:)

Valmont,

IF the search engine is working you should do a search on VCOM. I have posted a few things about the assets of VCOM and I have read some good ones from others too. Anyway facilities, faculty, faculty support, attitude, beautiful landscape of B'burg, are just a few of its attributes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the DO school in KY while my wife was doing her architecture degree at VT. Its a wonderful place with plenty of things to do outdooors and being a college town it gets a decent amount of music and culture. VT is strong in the sciences in general and has had the aim to add bioscience/medicine to their reputation in veterinary sciences. Also the appalachian region, as you can imagine is an underserved area so this is another motivation.

I am just back from VCOM and the VT campus. DEAR GOD___I AM IN LOVE! It remindes me of "Sewanee" where I did my undergrad. The program looks great and the staff has the most up beat positive attitues of ANY school I have had tthe chance to interview with. I feel very "at home" there, and will go in a flash if I get the OK from the school. Granted I will miss the coast, but there is soooo much more to do in the high-country!:love:

Valmont when will you find out? Good luck buddy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Hey Valmont I'm gald you liked it. It seems to impress everyone that interviews there(that I have talked to anyway). I'll bet B'burg is awesome in the Spring. Its gotta be hard to leave Charleston, its a great town.(btw, no love from MUSC?, or are you diehard DO?) Is the building finished yet? Did you get to tour it? Where else have you interviewed and how does VCOM compare? I hope to see you in August.

VCOM Class of 2007

mison,

I missed the cut-off at MUSC this year for acceptance by.06! They said I would probably make a better score if I just reapply, but dear god thats a whole nother year off my life and no sure thing. I do belive that if I had an offer from VCOM and MUSC I would have a very hard choice. In the end I think I would take VCOM over MUSC!:D The new place is up and the faculty will be moveing in, in a matter of weeks. The inside is not there just yet. I take it that you will be a VCOM student next year?
As for other places I interviewed:

MUSC--rejected
UCSM--rejected
DMU--waite listed
VCOM--no word yet---but looks good
UCD-"Ireland"--no word yet

Docgeorge, I should have word in less than two weeks. How are things at DMU?

Glad to know that you'll hear in a couple of weeks. Things at DMU are great, I visited the campus last weekend. I ended up finding a place right across the street. Good luck man, let me know how VCOM turns out.

Good Luck to you Valmont!

Just stay positive and pray if that applies to you.

Maybe we will be seeing you soon in Blacksburg:)

Well---today was the day! I should know something by the middle of nxt week. What ever was going to happen happend today, if they got to my application!

Well hello again y'all. Just wanted to say that I just got my acceptance to DMU yesterday. Looks like I was rather high on the "wait, wait don?t tell me" list! Have a good one guys. I hope I hurry up and get word from VCOM!

Blacksburg and the Virginia Tech atmosphere is incredible!! I have been here for 4 years and hope to stay even longer after I finish my masters degree and apply to VCOM. If you have any questions just fire away.......

OH......by the way.....GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I will be getting a'hold of you today or tomarrow. Would love to get an objective inside view!