VCU and NYMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unicorn1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok...I have a coulple of questions...any help would be greatly appreciated:)

I got a secondary online application request of Virginia Commonwealth University...and they want me to write a 200
word (which is only like half a page) hand-written essay on topic of my choice...but i cant repeat info from my AMCAS...
any idea as to what kind of stuff they are looking for??
creative suggestions?

Also, I just checked my application status online for NYMS
and it says secondary application complete 10/23....how
long do you think before I hear about getting interview
or not getting one for that matter? Do they have like a avg
response time to tell you where you stand??

Thanx:):)

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote a short story... an extremely short story... that really had nothing to do with my application, or any qualifications, it was kind of fiction. but i got in, so i guess it was fine

hi, ive been reading SDN instead of doing my secondaries but this is actually my first time posting... yes im a newbie :) anyway, i also got a secondary from VCU but i dont see their request for a 200 word handwritten essay. so i have to submit my supplemental information before they request one? any help is much appreciated. thanks and good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually the essay request is not in supplemental...but
if you read the instructions for secondary...it will tell you
you need to mail in the 200 word hand-written essay on topic of your choice along with the check...and the rest of secondary
is online:)

200 words esssay can be any topic...literally...

and the admission office said that it MUST be hand-written...(my bad hand writing would be a little problem...)

I wrote really short essay about my childhood...growing up in a foreign country and moved to US and blah..blah...

it was pretty lame...but i've got an interview...so i guess i was not that bad...

and for NY...i submitted before you and haven't heard from them either...

i heard that their process is little slower than others...on top of that...i'm not one of those 4.0 GPA and 38+ MCAT...

just waiting...it sucks but be patient...it will come around...(at least i'm telling myself that every freakin day....)

good luck