VCU, anyone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by misspiggy, Oct 17, 2002.

1. misspiggy

misspiggy Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everybody,

I was wondering, once you've been invited to complete a secondary application at Virginia Commonwealth, how hard is it to get an interview? Any info would be appreciated!!! Thanks.

The Piggy

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. secretstang19

secretstang19 Member
    7+ Year Member

That depends on how good of a candidate you are. :) Seriously, if you want statistics, I think you can pull them off the website. I know a little bit about how the process works at VCU, though (from their associate director of admissions). Your completed application is 'graded' by several members of the admissions committee on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the highest. You get a score, and VCU says that it is committed to interviewing EVERYONE who gets a score of 1 or 2. Anyone with 4's or 5's is rejected. Candidates with 3's are interviewed as time permits, and in the order that their application was completed. So, here's where it counts to be early - if you've been completed for a while, you may have the chance to get your foot in the door over your similarly-ranked peers who completed their VCU application later.

Good luck!

4. chopsuey

chopsuey miss independent
    7+ Year Member

so, i got an interview invite from VCU, but it was very vague. something about the committee being intrested in my candidacy, but them not knowing when they would be able to schedule an interview for. they said they would try to schedule it within then next 6-8 weeks (that was almost two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since). what does that mean? they mentioned my priority score...does that make my score a 2 or a 3? i'm out-of-state, so i'm not too offended yet, but it was definitely an odd way to invite someone to an interview....

5. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I guess that I must have a 3 as a priority score because my application is being considered further for review and I might be granted an interview depending on other applications that they process and time permitting. I guess its better than getting rejected.:)

6. gold&black2005

gold&black2005 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It means you're something like a 2.5-3 (Dean Heldberg was just at our school explaining this to us), so you may get an interview, space permitting. They're interested, and obviously enough that they'd like to interview you, but they want to make sure no 1-2's come up. Hope this helps.