VCU cost vs. other PT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penguins_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm torn right now because I like Drexel's and GW's programs. I got accepted into Drexel. I'm still waiting on GW.

But I got into VCU and I'm considering going only because of the cost of the program. It's in-state and the other two are private. Do you think that's a good reason to go? I didn't feel the same 'spark' as I did with Drexel and GW's programs.

I'm just not sure what to do because VCU's deposit is due in two days and I'm not sure about my acceptance into GW.

Do you think cost is a good reason to go to a PT school?

Members don't see this ad.

some people will say cost over everything else, but i'm a firm believer of "feels" I too got into VCU, ODU, and Radford, which are all instate school but decided to go out of state to a private university because it was the right fit for me

Reactions: 2 users
I think you should go with your gut. What school do you really see yourself at, when touring the programs which really jumped out at you? You don’t want to be stuck in a situation where you choose the cheaper school solely because of the money you’ll save, then regret everything you had to compromise. If the cheaper school provides you with everything you want out of a program then go for it, if not then go with your gut.

My friend chose his cheapest option, and he is literally counting the days until graduation at the end of this semester.

Reactions: 1 user