Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

VCU deadline

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by monkichi, Nov 24, 2002.

1. monkichi

monkichi New Member

hi, i just realized the VCU has a two week deadline for completion of application file (doh!) i got the notification to complete the online supp form on 11/8... so 2 weeks would be... umm this past friday 11/22. I already submitted my LORs and online work... but have not sent in my handwritten essay or check. is it too late?? should i still send in my app?? ack! any thoughts and suggestions as to what to do will be really appreciated. thanx!

2. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Good luck monkichi!

I posted a question similar to this a week or so ago and got no response from anybody...i thought i was the only SDN SLACKER!!!:laugh:
    any way, the deadline for one of my secondaries was passed by one day, and i ended up FED EXing (overnight) the essays, info sheet, check, ect to the school ( the clerk looked at me funny when i asked if they could put a tire track on it :)). it was to an out of state public school that seems to hate out-of-staters, but i was pleasantly surprised this weekend with an interview invitation!:D (only 5-10 % get invited and my stats are not spectacular)...SO...it didn't hurt me much, but i guess every school is different. so try and see what happens, maybe you'll be surprised!
    streetdoc

3. monkichi

monkichi New Member

thanks for the reply streetdoc... so glad im not the only one that umm is too busy reading SDN to read the VCU instructions! ;)
    i *would* fed-ex my app tomoro and cross my fingers except that its a PO BOX!!! so snail mail it shall be... i guess i just wasnt sure whether to go ahead and blow another 80 dollars but you've give me hope... congrats and good luck with your interview!!

4. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    unfortunately, i have experience with a "PO Box" too...(yes, i had to send another one off last minute too...i promise i won't always be a slacker!!!)
    the USPS will ship over night-i went to a mail boxes Ect- but it is a few bucks more like anywhere from 13 to 23 bucks, but will be there by 10:30 AM, even to a PO box! i haven't heard from that school ,but that was only this tuesday (technically, i had like 2 days to get it there, i just wanted to make sure it did):laugh: anyways, best of luck to a fellow slacker!:)
    streetdoc