VCU Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Makenzeey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone in this forum applied to Virgina Commonwealth Dental, or has any information about VCU Dental School ?

:D

Members don't see this ad.

I will be attending VCU starting this July. It is a great school in a great area. Do you have any specific questions?

Hi,

I'm starting in a couple months, and am looking for on-campus housing/nearby right now. NO clue where to start. Can you help? Thanks!

quantumhead said:
I will be attending VCU starting this July. It is a great school in a great area. Do you have any specific questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
quantumhead said:

Just out of curiosity, have you actually been to Richmond? The neighborhood VCU is located in is one of the worst in Richmond (which by the way has consistently placed in the top 10 on the list of US cities with the highest murder rate)...if you disagree then I suggest you take a walk around Church Hill this evening and find out for yourself. It's not at all uncommon for students to be mugged while going to their cars. Don't get me wrong, Richmond can be a nice city in places, such as the West End, but I don't think the area around the dental school could be considered "great" by any stretch of the imagination.

Crankys said:
Hi,

I'm starting in a couple months, and am looking for on-campus housing/nearby right now. NO clue where to start. Can you help? Thanks!

Was it really necessary to dig up every VCU thread from the past year and post the same exact plea for housing in it?

What is the actual start date at VCU? First, second, third... week?

What is the actual start date at VCU? First, second, third... week?

First day of orientation for D1's is July 27. Classes start the next Monday, August 3. Hope that helps!

Scotty

Just out of curiosity, have you actually been to Richmond? The neighborhood VCU is located in is one of the worst in Richmond (which by the way has consistently placed in the top 10 on the list of US cities with the highest murder rate)...if you disagree then I suggest you take a walk around Church Hill this evening and find out for yourself. It's not at all uncommon for students to be mugged while going to their cars. Don't get me wrong, Richmond can be a nice city in places, such as the West End, but I don't think the area around the dental school could be considered "great" by any stretch of the imagination.

i agree the area isn't "great", but i'm curious where you've heard that its not at all uncommon for students to be mugged. i've lived here for 2 years in the fan and have never felt unsafe. from what i understand church hill is more hit or miss, but the student who interviewed me said she walked home there every night and never felt unsafe. also, richmond is not top 10 anymore, its 49th.

you have to be smart when living in any place you think is unsafe. if you are a woman and there is any hint of darkness outside or lack of people around (the weekend) then you need to either stay in and spend the night (if it is late), call a cop/security officer to walk with you or drive you or walk with a few (not just one person) people to your car(s). don't be stupid and you won't get mugged.