1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

VCU interview, help!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by fierycosi, Sep 5, 2001.

1. fierycosi

fierycosi Junior Member

hello pre-dents buddies,,

Yesterday I was notified of my interview at Virginia commonwealth University. I tried searching past posts but coudn't find anything on this school? Is this school bad that noone talks about it? If anyone has any useful info please please let me know... thanks :confused:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE

I hear VCU is a good school. Did you get into any other schools/ I am very interested in VCU myself. I would love to go to their dentalschool some day. Tell me how the interview goes ok!

4. fierycosi

fierycosi Junior Member

Hi Beagle,
    Thanks for the reply, I was starting to worry that no one has anything to say about the school. I applied in June, so I'm just starting to get interviews. Have you applied? I am interviewing at Tufts, Temple, VCU and i just found out about SUNY STony Brook. ;)

5. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE

WOW you have lots of interviews!!!
    May I ask how yoru grades were and DATS?
    I am very intersted in VCU, NYU, TUFTS, and Temple. Not sure that I stand a chance though. Did you apply to NYU?
    Thanks for your help!
    Beagle
    I almost went to VCU for grad school and may transfer there in the spring semester...

6. fierycosi

fierycosi Junior Member

Beagle,,
    you're making me feel good, I was that person that was wishing to get at least one interview,, and now got 4. Well I graduated with a 3.45 overall and 3.1 in science. My DAT's I took twice, first time I got an 18/14 PAT and the second time an 18/15. The first time my Reading comp was a 25 which brought all my other grades up, but the second time I improved all my scores, but ironically my academic avg still stayed the same. I've been really worried about my low PAT scores, they might hassle me with that on the interview.. I am however, well rounded, I applied really early and I am a female which are going to hopefully help me out... ;) How are your stats? Did you apply already?

7. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE

Hey
    Just wondering how your VCU interview went?
    Or have you not had it yet?
    I have no idea how these things go, so I'm curious...
    JEN

8. fierycosi

fierycosi Junior Member

Hi Jen,

I haven't had my interview at VCU yet,, it's on Oct. 3. I'm actually leaving for West Virginia tomorrow and then I'll be making my way to Virginia.. I"ll let you know how it goes..
    Cosmina