VCU Interview Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshto

Nervous&Neurotic
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at VCU next week. I am pretty nervous/excited, considering I have been rejected at five other schools already. Any have any advice on the VCU interview? What they might ask, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Check the VCU thread in Specific School Discussions, and there's also Interview Feedback at the top of screen. While you are waiting on responses here, you can do a little light reading there. Good luck with your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought VCU was fairly laid back. Not too bad. I got the man that everyone here seems to think is "kinda harsh". But honestly, I felt like it was good.

Some advice

1) Know some general healthcare stuff/ethics stuff (UW website is good, just keep up to date with public option stuff)

2) Know your application and extracurriculars. Be able to talk about them.

3) Know your strenghths and weaknesses.

4) Check out the SDN VCU forums

You'll do great. Good luck!

Mine was pretty laid back, too.

Try to be actively reading something (anything!) and be prepared to talk about it.

Be prepared to discuss what you do in spare time and what makes you you.

I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck!

i don't want to make you feel nervous or anything, but my interviewer at VCU was pretty harsh and confrontational.. so even though everyone is saying its very laid back, just be prepared.. i think there is only one guy that gives people a hard time

Just in case you get him... be able to defend every little point in your personal statement, and make a list of like 10 possible strengths to tell him

Status
Not open for further replies.